We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of our holiday. We were expecting so much what with it being a Fairmont but felt really let down.
We were not impressed by the pool renovations, it spoilt the anbience completely. I am sure it will look great when finished but highly unsightly during our stay.
Where did the JPL advertise the works. No notice of renovations at all just a note on the reception desk.
Hotel nearly empty, no shops open, no Tent City bar during the week and frankly the downstairs did look like an edition of the Shining, quite depressing to be honest.
Internet is not free and if you work it out is actually $36 an hour in reception and $13.95 in your room if you have your laptop. Why?? it is free or next to free so why do they want to rip off their guests.
Everything was expensive! $5 for a small coffee!
We had a deluxe room which was in dire need of updating, really not what we were expecting at all. The housekeeping was very good and they did what they could.
Parking poor in bits of car park quite a distance from the room.
On the + side i did receive an excellant response to a complaint to The Fairmont group which was very professional and received a reply very quickly.
This part was very impressive and makes me think that this hotel is going through a bad patch and it has not put me off staying in a differant Fairmont in the future but i will never stay at the JPL again. Very very poor!!
Has to go down as terrible given that you pay so so much to stay here and expect a lot more!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Alberta's magnificent Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the iconic Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge resort invites you to experience our Great Canadian Lodge, surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is a 700 acre year-round luxury mountain resort which wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert and Canada's #1 Golf Resort Course. The resort's charming village of cedar chalets and Luxury Signature Cabins, all connected by picturesque paths, offer guests unique access to explore the natural environment surrounding the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Hotel Jasper
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
- Jasper Fairmont