Tonquin Inn(Jasper)
$191
$197
$186
Mount Robson Inn(Jasper)(Great Value!)
$225
$264
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
4,577 results
All reviewsgolf courseemerald loungelac beauvertmoose's nookorsofairmont roomoutdoor poolmain buildingjunior suitelake viewbeautiful propertyhorseback ridingcanadian rockieslog cabinsitting areajplfairmonts
Reviewed February 28, 2010

The best hotel i have lived in. absolutely outstanding. Fantastic rooms, garden and that beautiful lake infront of the garden. absolutely amazing

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank AmitC4
Reviewed February 21, 2010

Me & my wife booked a room for Feb-14, and when i called the only room availibale was a Jr suite for 479$ a night room 434, and also we were told that we could skate for free,that they had a great steak restaurant, wood fierplace, jaccuzze, stocked up fridge, well it all sounded very good so we booked the room, when we got there the room was by far less then acspectation, we went to get skates and we were told that there was no size 8-9-10 skates left so therefore we couldn`t skate, ok then we decided to go book a reservation at that great steak restaurant, to find out that they were booked solide for the last 2 week but they did not tell us that when we booked that room,fireplace look good but the temperature out side was +8 that night so we decided not to light the fireplace for it not to be to hot in our room. jaccuzze something wrong the jets didnot work, and last but not least the fridge the next morning we woke up made our complamentary coffee and the note said for extra coffee or cream to look in the fridge when we look in the fridge the fridge was not working it was warm and no extra coffee or creams; ps. for 479$ my expectation was by far not meet.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hapydude
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the JPL for two nights at the end of January for a friend's wedding. For the price of the room, we expected more. The average room price is $250/night. If you have a CAA membership you can get it down to $175/night.

First of all, the setting is beautiful. You are surrounded by mountains, there are elk walking around, there is a beautiful skating rink with two hockey areas and a large skating track . The rooms were average, nothing amazing. They were clean and the beds were comfortable. The wedding venue was perfect! Wonderful food and drinks!

The parking was the worst! I didn't care for the set up of the lodge. There was the main lodge with 40 to 60 rooms then the rest of the rooms were around the main lodge in a "cabin like" 10 rooms together set up. There are one way roads to get in and out of the cabin areas. The roads were narrow and almost everyone had a SUV or a truck and parking was at a minimum. Many people parked on the grass or parked half on the road/half on the grass. Once you got a parking spot, you didn't want to leave it! They did have a shuffle car to take you to and from the main lodge. Check in was at 4 and it seems like everyone arrived exactly at 4 so traffic was nuts!

The pool/spa was not impressive. The hot tub was very small. The outdoor heated pool was okay not great.

Overall, not impressed but the wedding venue was beautiful and my friend's wedding was perfect. I would not reccommend this hotel and I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edmontonbay
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Many of the previous reviews are accurate. The room was terrible. Small and poorly laid out. The bathroom in particular was old with mould issues. I would have a shower but never a bath. This the standard room that I am referring to. Also very poor sound insulation.

The staff is extremely friendly and attentive.

We enjoy having drinks and a bistro meal in the main lodge bar area in front of the huge fireplace listening to great live piano. The grounds are beautiful in all seasons.

My suggestion is that in the winter come and visit the hotel. Eat and drink at the lodge but find somewhere else to stay. One gripe that I have is that apparently Wi Fi is not free. It should be ! No excuse for that. We have stayed at the JPL many times but perhaps not again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveNStAlbert
Reviewed February 8, 2010

As a bonus from my husband's company, they paid for us to stay two nights at Jasper Park Lodge. I have to say I was quite disappointed and I am glad the money did not come out of our pockets. For the amount it costs to stay there a person has certain expectations and none of them were really met. We stayed in a Fairmont room, which looks exactly as shown on their website, just not as clean. There were dust bunnies in the light fixtures, hair on the bathroom floor and (what appeared to be) snot stuck to the ceiling above the bed. The mattress on the bed was no less than awful as it was bowed in the middle both vertically and horizontally (when I laid on it, my feet sat higher than my head and I kept rolling to the middle unvoluntarily). The one other major problem I had with the lodge is the total lack of parking. Again, with the amount of money visitors are shelling out to stay there, you would think they would have adequate parking.

The one great thing this hotel offers is their food. The meals we had in the Moose's Nook were nothing short of fantastic.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple