Visiting Jasper is a wonderful way of experiencing a taste of Canadiana, and JPL is a worthy stop.
Keep in mind that it is a large resort destination (446 rooms) as opposed to a metropolitan (or boutique) hotel, and the property and its upkeep are indicative of such; ie. the sinks could have been cleaner, and we were given the wrong keys at check-in, and after a long drive and finally finding our room was an unwelcomed welcome!... but the service was very friendly
Some things to keep in mind:
- Valet parking is free and during busier times, it is best to park your car and call for valet when you need to get around the property... The lodges are spread out all over the place and it is a MAZE to try to find your way around...
- There is a 'Park fee' when you enter the park- it was $16/day for us, and not mentioned by our reservations agent
- The 'Fairmont Room' is a basic, but nice enough room for up to a 2/3 night stay for a couple; it is mentioned in another review as having only enough room for one in the washroom, which is true, but you get what you pay for! A self-contained cabin would be more rustic and romantic...
- DO GO FOR A WALK IN THE SURROUNDING WOODS! We saw elk and deer two minutes into a trail around the lake, and it is very common to see them (and all their droppings!) from the road in Jasper and Banff
- Do venture into town and check out the food services there (and avoid paying $8/pint at 'The Tent City Lounge', although it is convenient after a dip in the outdoor heated pool!); Jasper Park Brewing Company is a good stop for a beer, and the Dead Dog is a good stop for a stompin night out
- Do bring your skates if you are driving in during the winter! A skate on the lake is a great way to start off the day... and DO have a $1 hot chocolate after around the fire! <- The best deal in Jasper, other than the free skating on the lake and free wildlife viewings!
Overall, I would recommend this beautiful bit of the Rockies to anybody looking for a rustic, comfortable holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in Alberta's magnificent Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the iconic Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge resort invites you to experience our Great Canadian Lodge, surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is a 700 acre year-round luxury mountain resort which wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert and Canada's #1 Golf Resort Course. The resort's charming village of cedar chalets and Luxury Signature Cabins, all connected by picturesque paths, offer guests unique access to explore the natural environment surrounding the resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Jasper Park Hotel Jasper
- Jasper Park Lodge
- Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge Jasper
- Jasper Fairmont