4,664 results
All reviewsgolf courseemerald loungelac beauvertorsomoose's nookfairmont roomoutdoor poolmain buildingjunior suitelake viewbeautiful propertyhorseback ridingcanadian rockieslog cabinsitting areajplfairmonts
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My Husband and I stayed in a Deluxe King Suite and were very disappointed with our stay. For the rate we paid at a "Fairmont" property we had certain expectations of what our room and stay would be like and our expectations were not met. Our room seemed out dated for a what we would expect from a Fairmont property, comfy beds, but that's about it. The walls were very thin between us and our neighbour and we could hear their conversation almost word for word. At one point in the night an alarm was blaring in the room next to us and no one was in the room to turn it off so we had to call and ask the front desk to send someone to shut it off because it was so loud you could hear it down the hallway. Another room somewhere in the vicinity of us had what I would assume to be their bathroom fan going all night and the sound of it kept me awake all night. As it is now there is no way to turn on the light in the bathroom without turning on the incredibly loud fan which you can hear through the walls. This is something I would expect from a mid range hotel, not a Fairmont. I really think the bathrooms should be wired so there are two switches, one for the light and one for the fan.

The other issue we had with the room is that TV was an old, small tube TV which had very fuzzy channels which we couldn’t watch and our movies did not work. We called to the front desk to let them know and they said they’d send someone up to look at it. Hours later (after we had a swim, shower & dinner) we went back to our room thinking it had been fixed and still it was not working. Finally someone showed up to try and fix it and spent 20-30 minutes in our room (which was awkward) working on it to no avail. He said they would have to restart the system & the front desk would call to let us know when it would be fixed. We left the room to go for a drink in the pub and when we came back it still was not fixed and there was no message from the front desk so we just went to bed, upset. After a full day of skiing all we wanted to do was hit the hot tub (which we discovered was taken out for the spa renovations) and crawl into bed and watch a movie, which we couldn’t do. Since this simple convenience was not available to us I think the front desk should have offered us another room or discounted our room rate as we were clearly inconvenienced during our stay. When we checked out the next morning we were not even asked how our stay was which surprised me as the Fairmont brand is supposed to be all about service. I tried to tell the girl at check out that we felt we were inconvenienced by not being able to use the TV or movies and she said there was a note on file that this wasn’t working and they’ll have someone come in and fix it for the next person. Not the explanation I was looking for. I don’t see how fixing this for the next person helped us in anyway or made us feel better about our stay. I understand that things may go wrong while staying at a hotel, but it is up to the staff to remedy that as quickly and painlessly as possible and make sure every guest feels like they are taken care of and that is my real issue here. We felt that our needs were ignored, the front desk couldn’t care less about us feeling inconvenienced and we paid way too much money for a substandard experience. We won’t be back and we won’t be recommending the Jasper Park Lodge to anyone else. It just simply was not worth the money we paid.

One positive thing I will say is that the men that work the valet service and Troy who was working in Tent City (the pub), were great.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ali H
FairmontJPL, Manager at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

We sincerely appreciate you contacting the hotel directly last week to share with us the details of your visit. During our conversation, we expressed our disappointment that we failed to provide you with the relaxing stay that you were seeking. As we discussed, your comments have been used as a learning opportunity for all. We are pleased that we were able to work together towards a resolution that was appropriate and fair for all. We look forward to the opportunity to have you back in Jasper where we can show you our commitment to offering you an outstanding experience. Sincerely, Sue Carter, Executive Office

Reviewed March 15, 2011

JPL did a great job. Made our daughters Christmas very special and even brought some spirit to this old grinch. Stayed in one of the updated suites and it was as good as any luxury hotel we've stayed in before. Food was very good and the staff went above and beyond! Had a bit of a disagreement over our bill but they fixed it and made sure our next stay will be just as nice. Good job JPL!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank NebulaTig
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I recently booked a night at this hotel to celebrate my engagement. When we arrived our room was so hot we could barley breath. We thought it may cool down but after an hour the temperature was at 38 degrees. No longer able to breath, we headed to the dining room and called the front desk. They advised us the problem woudl be fixed. We had a GREAT meal and headed back to our room at 10:00 p.m. The room was at a nice temperature and we assumed everything was under control, at about midnight we could feel the temperture falling, we checked the thermostat twice in the night to find out the heat was turned completley off. At 8:00 a.m the room was at 6 degrees, we had not slept and we were unable to even get out of bed we were so cold. We dressed and went to our friend's room, when we went to the front desk they said sorry about that, that is too bad. We could not even shower there, we started to ask what they could do for us and they said we are sorry, we will send maintenance to the room, well at that time we had to check out. Very poor! The hotel was not even full when we stayed so we are unsure why they did not just move us when the heat was not working properly. I will never return to this property, The hot tub was not even up and operational. This a not like any of the ther Fairmont Hotels that I have stayed at. Go elsewhere, there are plenty of nice hotels in Jasper.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunscreen5
FairmontJPL, Manager at Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge. I'm disappointed to hear that your time with us did not meet your expectations and that we weren't able to reconcile your challenges while you were here. Being a heritage property, we unfortunately experience maintenance issues from time to time. Having said that, 2011 marks the start of a sizeable investment into our guest rooms and outdoor pool area (including the addition of a new hot tub). This is in addition to the new spa, fitness area, change rooms and shopping promenade that were completed in 2010. I will be sure to follow up with the appropriate departments regarding your stay, and I hope that we have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in the future.

Stefanie Hamilton, Marketing Manager

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We have just returned from the JPL from our Daughter's wedding.
The staff were so amazing and we could not have been treated better.
Drew at the front desk went over and above any expectations. Also Richard was fantastic as our Daughter's wedding co-ordinator. The girls at the hair salon were so great and the list goes on.
We had guests staying in the main lodge, and various cabins and were all pleased. The Point cabin was the venue for the weekend and it was perfect for our group of 32. We were pleased that there were no restrictions on catering, wine etc. The setting here at the Lodge is so spectacular, the newly finished pool and spa are beautiful, so that combined with the customer service makes for a memorable stay. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank LanaB
Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is an awesome resort, which of course is pricey as all upscale Fairmont resort. However sometimes there are some promotions bringing the cost to reasonable level. I stayed for 149 Canadian dollars but we enjoyed so much everything. It is so nice to swim in the heated outdoor pool when outside is well bellow freezing temperature. Also a nice fitness room on premises. There are few restaurants and bars did not use them as we dinned out in Jasper at our favorite brewery.
Beside the pool we enjoyed very much skating on Lake Beauvert,the resort is doing and awesome job clearing the snow and maintaining the ice on a path which goes around the lake probably 1-2 km of skating path. Not being very good skaters we enjoyed the stops at fire pits and drinking hot chocolate. Very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple