“Try cooking the food before you serve it!!!”
Review of Papa George's

Papa George's
Ranked #35 of 91 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Gave this place a second chance and were thoroughly DISGUSTED!! Ordered eggs and bacon etc. boyfriend ordered pancakes, eggs, sausage etc. it came out in less the five mins, and not surprisingly, nothing was cooked all the way. My eggs were extremely runny, and semi cold, supposed to be over easy. His sausage was still pink in the middle and his pancakes were still slime in the middle. We wanted to just leave but we're starving and know better then to send food back (I used to work in the restaurant business)
Only thing I could finish was the potatoes and toast. I'm surprised he ate what he did. Overpriced garbage!! I'm surprised we didn't get sick from the raw egg and pork.
They blew there second chance, Go elsewhere to eat, they serve there customers uncooked food!!
We stopped at Timmies on the way home to make up for what we couldn't eat!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Recommended by staff at Astoria hotel for a good cheap breakfast, was unpleasant surprised that the cheap breakfast include just bacon, and if you prefer a healthy option than bacon, then the price is no longer $6 or so, it goes up which is no longer Cheap. Also, they charge $4.95 for a glass of milk one of the kids order, that's price for a gallon not a 150 ml glass!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

One of my most memorable meals in jasper was bison meatballs with a beet salad / so tasty and the contrasts with the salad and the meat were just perfect. I also had elk vol au vent, delishimo!!

On Friday nights they do a wine tasting with incredible nibbles. Three different glasses of wine, each paired with delicious and artistically plated nibbles that complement the wine perfectly. All for only $30, incredible value and divine flavours. The waitress was so knowledgeable, friendly and looked like a goddess.

You must try this place, you wont regret it.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed at the Astoria next door and couldn't resist the promise of a $6.95 meal. We thought it'd be a reasonable little greasy spoon. It completely exceeded our expectations. The coffee was excellent, the wait staff was on it and friendly, the food was excellent and the decor was even appealing. The skillets are piled high, served sizzling hot and full of premium ingredients. And the $6.95 special? Fully satisfying. Great for breakfast. They even do cute take-out packed lunches there. I loved it. I'll be back!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Have eaten breakfast here a couple of times, no surprises on our most recent visit. Busy little place, service good, food tasty and hot. The breakfast special is adequate and well priced.