“Horrible food + horrible service = horrible experience”
Review of Papa George's

Papa George's
Ranked #37 of 90 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our way out of Jasper. We were looking for a quick breakfast and were actually on our way to Smitty's when we saw a billboard on the sidewalk advertising a breakfast special for $6.95. We always like to try new places so we decided to give it a try. Let me tell you, if this had been my first visit to Jasper I would never return based on my experience of this place.

We were told that breakfast was over but there was an all day breakfast special that included 2 eggs, bacon, toast and hashbrowns. We assumed it was the $6.95 one on the billboard outside the restaurant. We got our breakfast and there were no hashbrowns. Instead there were fries. The bacon looked like it had been reheated several times before making it to our plates. We were a bit taken aback by this but were hungry so went with it. As my husband was finishing his toast he noticed a piece of hair on it. He took it off and dropped it on the floor At the same time I noticed a piece of fuzz on the end of my bacon and I also noticed a bug in my coffee. We both stopped eating our meals.

We called the server over and pointed this out. Her response was to interrogate us about the hair and where/when we found it. In fact her first question was "Did you just find it?" And then when I pointed out my coffee with the bug in it her response was "Was it always there or did it just fly in?". Does it matter? The fact is I have a bug floating around in my coffee. She left with our plates and returned about 5 minutes later to question us further about the hair. At this point I just said forget it and bring me my bill. My husband pointed out the hair that he had taken off his food and dropped on the floor. She said she believed us but she wanted to tell the kitchen the exact story. I got the bill and they had 'comped' us 50%. However, the charge for the breakfasts was $10.00 not $6.95. We left and my last look at this place was of a coffee cup with a bug in it still sitting on my table.

I will never, ever return to this restaurant. The whole place needs to take a lesson in customer service.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

just relax and enjoy the diner, take a soup or a salad and then the aaa-steak, you will never find a steak like that again

tomorrow we will go back for breakfast, had it before, take the eggs benedict !!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

For under $10.00, Papa George's serves a great breakfast; the best food and deal in Jasper. The service and atmosphere were also excellent. It's located right on the main drag -- Connaught Avenue.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

For $6.95 you can get a great filling breakfast as you begin your day of adventure in the Jasper area. Half the price of others! Great values on the dinner menu you too!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

The breakfast special is excellent - basic bacon and eggs but reasonable and nicely prepared.
We went every day except one for dinner and all meals were excellent. They offer small plates which are appies that are enough for a meal - unless you haven't eaten all day! These are great opportunities to try something different from Duck Confit to Bison meatballs.
They also offer entrees ranging from a Wild Game Burgers to Ribs, Curry Chicken and an excellent Jambalaya.
The service is great, the surroundings are pleasant and the food is as good as I have eaten anywhere.
WE have tried a few other restaurants in Jasper and we won't eat anywhere else!