Pine Bungalows
$116
$106
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsathabasca riverriver frontriverfront cabintwo bedroom cabinclose to townolder cabinsgreat cabinelk walkingfresh towelsgas fireplacefull kitcheneach eveningwe loved our stayedith cavellrustic feeljasper townshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is a great option to wind down after a long day of driving/touring. The check-in process was smooth. the rooms were clean and cozy and yes no internet and tv! Which was a great idea to truly appreciate nature. I would recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to get away from civilization, but while staying close to all amenities!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DJ-Glide
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Arrived at 'Pine Bungalows' late on 1st June having had difficulty finding any type of reasonable accommodation in Central Jasper. We were offered a very reasonable overnight rate for a motel type room ( we didn't require a bungalow). The room was of a good standard so we decided to extend our stay for another night. We had some issues on our return to our room on the second night, after some deliberation between us we raised these concerns with management and I can only say they were dealt with in a manner which blew us away. There is no way that we could have expected the response from not only the managers but also the owner of the business. We know we would never have received such action had we had the same experience at home in Australia or in Ireland and various European countries where we have had the opportunity to visit. Should we ever have the opportunity to visit Jasper again we will head straight for 'Pine Bungalows' and in the meantime we will recommend it to anyone we know travelling there.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was my sixth time staying at Pine Bungalows and it was just as enjoyable as all the times before. People going to this hotel should not expect a 5 star service, rather they should look forward to a friendly and peaceful environment. The people in the office are always helpful and very accommodating. The hotel cabins are very rustic, but have everything you need for a comfortable stay. One of the best features is the lack of TVs and stereos because it gives you a chance to connect with family and friends. The hotel is also directly on the river with a good view of Edith Cavell, which makes for very enjoyable evening walks! Be sure to catch the sunset over the mountains...pretty spectacular!

There is also plenty of wildlife to see. You are often visited by Elk; in fact, the road down to the hotel is prime Elk rutting and calving territory. I was actually caught in the middle of a herd a few years back whilst out for a hike. Keep your eyes on the trees as well because there are lots of owls living in the trees around the property!

Room Tip: The heritage cabins are great because they are close to the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin S
Debora B, Front Office Manager at Pine Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for the positive response - we appreciate our repeat customers who enjoy Pine Bungalows as a retreat.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I booked two group functions at Pine Bungalows. The first year - August 2011 had a few hitches, but nothing we couldn't handle. The kitchen fridge made puddles on the lower level, there was no freezer though we were told there would be one, the BBQ had no propane, etc. All of this was remedied by the staff and the owner even lent us the use of his personal freezer.
We decided to return August 2012. When we arrived the owner warned us of a *slight* mouse problem. The problem was serious. Mouse turds all over kitchen. There had been no attempt to clean out the kitchen. Turds were even in with the silverware. The owner sent in a team the next day to clean out the kitchen. Very embarrassing to the people hosting the event. The basement of the building was supposed to be setup for meetings. Instead it was full of doors and construction materials.
We were given a partial refund for the kitchen, nothing for the lack of meeting space.

The owner seems nice enough but has questionable people skills. He sometimes makes questionable remarks that should be taken with a grain of salt. He truely seems well intentioned. He dies let his dog roam around and although it is extremely well behaved it did make the some guests with a fear of dogs uncomfortable. Oddly enough they have a no pet policy for guests.

On the upside, the cabins are great. They are very well appointed and clean.

There is great potential for this to be an excellent group spot but the management really needs to step up their game. Sure there will be mice in the mountains, but that's no reason not to prepare and clean properly.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank little_mcturtle
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I decided to post this after reading some really negative reviews on Trip Advisor about this wonderful place to stay in Jasper. This is simply a reminiscence of my time at Pine Bungalows 5 years ago. I will write another review upon my next visit in a few months.

During our road trip through the Canadian Rocky Mountains we decided to treat ourselves and to stay at the "best" hotels in Banff and Lake Louise. The Fairmount hotels were pricey and gorgeously characteristic of a time gone by. However, I place myself in the category of simple folk who enjoy the simplicity of life instead of the pretentiousness that we are taught to embrace.

When we arrived at Jasper we could not find a room. We drove up to Pine Bungalows and were lucky to have found a cabin available. We opened the door to our cabin and my jaw dropped. We were greeted with a one room cabin where the kitchen, the bed and the fireplace were all in the same room. 5 years later this place still speaks to me. It was the most comfortable and enjoyable stay I have ever had in my life. I still remember being in bed and falling asleep to the glow of the fireplace. The Fairmount's, in my opinion, had nothing on this gem. Pine Bungalows was the highlight of our trip.

So much so, that I am now revisiting Pine Bungalows for almost 2 weeks instead of 1 night. I am super excited to simply enjoy the nature and the spirit of Jasper that Pine Bungalows captures. Sitting outside your cabin with a cup of tea and seeing the wildlife by the Athabasca River with the trees and mountain views in the background...nothing can compare to that.

I am eagerly counting the days until my return to Jasper and to Pine Bungalows. If you consider yourself someone who is more into nature, wildlife and star gazing than being 'plugged in' and gazing into the depths of your cell phone, Pine Bungalows is the place that should be first on your list.

I guarantee if you consider yourself someone in touch with the joys that simplicity brings you will never forget your stay at Pine Bungalows.

Cheers,
Antonio.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank livinginrockies
Debora B, Front Office Manager at Pine Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for the positive review! We look forward to your return stay at Pine Bungalows to enjoy the natural surroundings of Jasper National Park.