“Seldom Inn has a lot of characters”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jasper
Seldom In Guest House
Ranked #4 of 57 Jasper B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I stayed there for 4 night for visiting my friend last week. I really enjoyed spending the atmosphere of the nice house. I like the room that I stayed. Actually, when i stayed there, I don't want to wake up early.The room is so comfortable;I like the hosts,Sherrill and Doug, they are enthusiastic and knowledgeable. If you don't know how to paly in Jasper, they will recommend the nice places to you;In the evening hours, you could be welcome to take your time in the living room, play instruments or reading books or have a have a nice converstion with the hosts.By the way, Doug is a musician and magician. Because i travel by myself, I was so happy that they drove me to visit the beautiful nature there. I will be look foward to go back with my family in next winter time.
這是我第一次到Jasper旅行,我喜歡這家民宿,待在那就像是待在自己的家,而且,民宿主人很熱心會介紹好玩的景點,甚至還會開車帶你過去,重點是可以和他們練習英文喔!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JoyceLin931

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I stayed for 1 night at Seldom Inn, Jasper during the last week of Nov'11. I couldn't meet Sherrill as she was away on a trip but Doug was very friendly and we had nice conversation in the evening hours. Since I was short on time, I couldn't do much in Jasper but Doug (and Sherill, earlier over phone) suggested me some places to see which I will keep in mind for my future visits. Overall, this is a nice and friendly house when one can feel home and probably less expensive than any of the hotels nearby.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank PrasunChoudhury
Reviewed October 25, 2011

It's a very welcoming atmosphere. The hosts are so friendly and so helpful. They recommended various sites to visit---not the typical large attractions, but the unique attractions that many visitors tend to miss when they're in Jasper. And it's very chill in the house---guests are welcome to spend time in the living room, dining room, etc. The place was very clean and tidy. Bedroom was comfortable. It's a great place to stay if you're on a low budget and need somewhere warm and comfortable to stay in. We stayed in the room with the private washroom. This room is a bit smaller than the bedrooms with the shared washroom. I highly recommend this place. I quite enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed in this lovely place for two nights. The hosts, Sherrill and Dough, made every effort to make us feel welcome. They provided us with tips and advice about places to visit. A real top accomodation!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed there for 2 nights in August, Doug and Sherrill make you feel home after a minute. They provided us with useful hiking tips.
The rooms are very clean and bright (unlike a lot of rooms in Jasper that are in basements).
I would stay there again with pleasure !

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2011

This guest house outshines any hotels in Jasper. The owners work for Parks Canada so are very knowledgeable about the area and willingly share this information as well as their home. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed July 8, 2011

If you find yourself going to B&B's and guesthouses to enjoy the personal atmosphere and the chance to make new friends, the Seldom In will not let you down. Sherrill and Doug run a very busy place, not because of the huge number of guests but because everybody just naturally seems to run into everyone else at this guesthouse.

In our case, this turned into a gathering in the living room to exchange stories, memories and songs on one night and a visit to the local microbrewery the next evening. Nothing that anyone had ever really planned but rather the result of spontaneous meetings in the kitchen over breakfast or dinner and the nice conversations that came from those moments spent together.

As with so many other guesthouses in Jasper, no breakfast is offered but a great bakery and a well stocked grocery store are just minutes away on foot. All other shops in town can easily be reached without a car as well, but you'll be pleased to know that the Seldom In has off-street parking available as well.

Our room (the only one with a private bathroom) was comfortable and spotless with a lovely shower and enough storage room for longer stays. Doug gave us an extensive overview of the attractions and hikes within the park and was there to help us with any last minute preparations. He and his wife know the park so well they can even tell you which part of a hike is really worthwhile and were you should turn back :-)

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple