“Awesome scones”

Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This place is great if you are looking for a good pastry. The scones are fantastic. The cheese breadsticks are also good. Opt for this for all of your coffee shop needs over Tim Horton's easily.

2  Thank ClevelandBeachBoy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,632)

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We visited The Bear's Paw three times in our five day stay. Our first morning in Jasper we decided to give it a try.

We started with a sticky bun for each of us, they are gooey, fresh and well... Sticky. They definitely are worth a try and were a good start. I also got a white chocolate raspberry scone to take for an afternoon snack, I warmed it in the microwave, it was also quite good. I tried both the chai latte and a London fog, they were pretty standard.

My husband enjoyed the coffee here. He also liked the chocolate covered espresso bean that was presented on my lattes.

The chocolate croissant was very good, so good that on our last day they had sold out and we went to their sister shop- The Other Paw, to get one last divine chocolate filled pastry before we hit the road. I also really enjoyed the morning glory muffins and bought extra to take home with me for the next day. I tried a pizza pretzel, it was alight but nothing exceptional. The only thing I did not particularly enjoy was the veggie sunrise breakfast sandwich, it could be because I heated in the plastic wrap in the microwave :/

Good thing we weren't calorie counting!

2  Thank WinniCalGirl
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We are often in Jasper skiing in the winter months or hiking in the summer and The Bear's Paw is our favorite spot to eat. We each have our favorite choice for breakfast and lunch... For me, it is a toss up between the white chocolate raspberry scones or the cheese buns. Everything is fresh and delicious and the portions are generous. My children love their hit chocolate; done just at the right temperature for little mouths and they do many excellent coffees. The only downside of this fabulous little place is how busy it is sometimes, but you cannot fault them for being so popular. They even have dog water outside for our four legged family member. If you are in Jasper, don't miss this gem!

1  Thank cdevin1
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Best Latte and baked goods in Jasper. The cinnamon bums are the best but you have to go early or they'll all be gone.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stopped here for some fresh banana bread and a chai latte, both were good. Nice little local coffee shop

1  Thank Travelling_norm