New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Downstream Restaurant & Lounge

Downstream Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #5 of 83 Restaurants in Jasper
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Downstream was recreated in 2008 by local owner Sotirios Korogonas as a concept for a modern restaurant & lounge that retains Jasper's mountain town spirit and casual feel. Chef David Gomez masterfully delivers Jasper's best homemade meals using only the freshest ingredients. His attention to detail and passion for excellence is defined by the superior reputation his menu and our staff have earned amongst our loyal customers. Shawn Routledge and our service team ARE dedicated to ensuring a superior experience by providing our customers with a truly comfortable atmosphere in the most personal public room in Jasper. Together we have created a menu that is the best dollar for dollar value in the park.
Edmonton
“Great casual dining environment with upscale menu items”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I were recently in Jasper and decided to try out Downstream. Never having known anyone who had eaten there we had no expectations. We walked in and thought, looks like they will probably have good pub food. We were blown away at the quality of the food we received! We shared the muscles as an appetizer, they were fantastic with a wonderfully spicy broth! My only complaint about the muscles is that they need to give you more bread in order to sop up all the great broth in the dish! For our main meal my husband had the elk sirloin with the peppercorn demi, he said it was great. I had the burger, and I think it was the best burger I've had in my life! I'll definately be going back DOWNSTREAM next time we are in Jasper..my only problem will be weather or not I get the same thing because it was so great or try something new.

If you are headed to Jasper this is a MUST!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KatEdmonton

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
“The Roasted Duck Club.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the best sandwich ever! Great atmosphere, pool table and screens. I highly recommend it! Many other great menu items, but you have to eat the roasted duck club!!!

Visited March 2013
Fort Nelson, Canada
“Upscale food in a laid back environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

The ambiance invites you in, but the spectacular food was a pleasant surprise!
The meals were prepared and served with class. They also have an extensive drink menu

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great vibe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really liked this place, had good ambiance, good food, really friendly staff, and really friendly locals (not that many aren't friendly). Had a great time here

Visited February 2013
Edmonton, Canada
“Going back to Jasper just for this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Might actually be the best restaurant I have ever been to. My only regret is that we just went there for appetizers. We had the tandoori chicken wings with tamarind sauce, the poutine with bacon and goat cheese and nachos, finished with the chocolate brownie with stout ice cream. Everything was phenomenal even the side salad that came with the wings. I was tempted to lick the place! Atmosphere is really laid back but still pretty swanky, recommend this place to ANYONE. Can't wait to go back - also extremely gluten friendly.

• Visited January 2013