“Bad Hills Hike on 12 Sept 2013”

Canadian Skyline Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sarah and Christian offer hiking tours of varying difficulty. All of our hikes focus on helping our guests to experience and learn the stories that the awe-inspiring surroundings have to tell. Our day hikes range from 3- 10 hours, as well as customized options. Our backpacking tours also range in difficulty from 2 days, to 10 days, and everything in between. New for this summer we are offering heli-hiking tours! Our regular tour is four-five hours long, including lunch.
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went on this hike with Christian Roy from Skyline Adventures. It was a beautiful day and Christian was a great guide. We stopped at Medicine lake on our way to the trail head and he explained about the area and gave me the opportunity to take some pictures as well. We chatted pretty much the entire way up and down and it was nice to do the hike at my own pace since I was a little bit out of practice! Will defintely be contacting them again when their canoe trips are up and running..they're a small and friendly outfit and clearly love what they're doing. Would recommend them to anyone thinking of going to Jasper

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We spent the Labour Day weekend in Jasper, Jasper National Park. Although having visited Jasper National Park many times in the past and often hiking in and around the town, it had been many years since I’d gone on a longer hike. Moreover, my husband prefers the manicured lawns of the JPL golf course and I didn’t feel safe striking off on my own in an area teaming with bears and grizzlies fattening up for their winter siesta. This was my first experience looking to tag along on an organized hike. I make inquiries with several of the local hiking outfits that operate out of Jasper and finally settled on Canadian Skyline Adventures. The first thing I found useful from a planning standpoint was the company's listing of scheduled hikes. Secondly, when it looked as if my husband's golf game was going to conflict with a longer hike I wanted to take, Canadian Skyline offered to escort me later in the day, therefore their willingness to conform to my schedule was appreciated but in this case proved unnecessary. Instead my husband changed his tee-time to a day earlier and I was then able to attend the scheduled Bald Hills hike on Sunday, Sept 1st.
Having Sarah Peterson, my guide for the day, picked me up at our hotel (JPL) and driving me to the hike was the first bonus, as I could relax and enjoy the scenic drive to Maligne Lake. Secondly, she supplied me with hiking poles, which I’d forgotten to bring with me and had offered to carry additional water should I require it. An important benefit of having a guide was apparent when we arrived at the start of the Bald Hills trail to find Parks Canada posting grizzly bear warnings. If I’d been hiking with my husband we’d have naturally cancelled the hike. Instead, after being reassured that I felt comfortable proceeding, minor adjustments were instigated by adding a few more hikers to our group, following Parks Canada guidelines. Having a professional guide not only takes some of the anxiety out of encountering a hungry bear but we did not have to worry about navigating on what turned out to be a somewhat poorly marked trail. Moreover Sarah provided a wealth of information on flora, fauna and history of the region. We were fortunate in not seeing the grizzlies, but if we had, I would have had complete confidence in Sarah knowing how to deal with the situation. In conclusion, the cost of the hike was money well spent, I could enjoy the incredible vistas of the Bald Hills trail, not worry about managing a hungry grizzly, and I learned a lot from our very pleasant and informed guide. I'd recommend Canadian Skyline Adventures without hesitation.

1  Thank Janice83
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My sister and I decided hiking the Skyline Trail was something we wanted to do this summer so we started looking for a company to guide us! We were so happy we were hooked up with Sarah Pederson. She helped to make the trip fantastic! From the communication before our trip to the phone call after we unpacked reporting someone (me) left mittens behind, everything was organized! The most thoughtful things: a coffee delivered while we packed our tent or chai tea while filtering our water; Sarah was most thoughtful. When you're exhausted (and she was too) those thoughtful acts certainly made our trip extra special! Sarah's knowledge of the landscape, plants, geography, etc. was appreciated. There was never a moment that we questioned her ability to guide us (and you should have seen the size of her pack). Our food was wonderful!!!! Homemade wraps filled with veggies, gouda and even avocado (that was such a treat), birthday brownies cooked on the hot plate (it was all delicious and so appreciated). If anyone wonders if she can handle herself let us tell you Sarah will make sure you're safe, well fed and rested. She'll make sure you have a great experience. As for the Skyline Trail itself - WOW! Don't think twice about it; just do it!

1  Thank Rosie H
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We booked a short trip (5 lakes valley trail) at Canadian Skyline Adventures and Chris was our guide.
He is a very sympathetic guy, knowing a lot about wildlife, vegetation and the local specialities.

He took also perfect care of us, so we never ever had a slight fear about eg a surprisingly appearing bear.

We can recommend Chris without any reservations.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Have recently returned from a wonderful walking tour of the Canadian Rockies with a group of 18. Christian Roy was one of the leaders. He was an excellent guide who led us on walks in the some of the most beautiful areas of the Rockies. Our enjoyment was enhanced by Chris's obvious love, respect & knowledge of the natural world. We learnt so much about the diverse ecology of the National Park - its flora, fauna & geological formations. An unforgetable experience.
I would recommend Canadian Skyline Adventures without hesitation.

1  Thank Angela L