“Avoid”
Review of Pocahontas Cabins

Pocahontas Cabins
“Avoid”
Reviewed August 13, 2004

My wife and I had the misfortune to visit Pocahontas Bungalows in September 2002 - there was no (affordable) space in Jasper so we ventured out to the Bungalows as they had some space. Reception was friendly enough but when we got the keys and went to the bungalow we entered the worse 'vacation room' I have ever entered!!! The place was full of flies, the bathroom was disgusting. My wife tried to draw the curtains and the whole pole fell off. The place was dirty - it is not rustic, we stayed in plenty of rustic cabin accomodation in the Rockies for the same price and nothing was like this. I can't put into words how bad it is was... I'm a pretty easy-going person who tries to avoid confrontation but for the first time in my life I went back to reception and told then I was not going to stay after all and asked for my money back!!! As it happens we drove to Hinton and booked into the Ramada who did us a great deal as it was about 7pm and a Friday night so I guess they wanted to fill the place in the absence of business types - that place was great. The wife and I look back and chuckle at our Pocahontas adventure - but at the time, believe me, we felt like crying!

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Reviewed October 18, 2003

Judy and Mark were really good to us, we had an awesome time! Beautiful cabins, great food, great view! Can't wait to go back next year!!!! We highly recommend Pocahontas to everyone!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 4, 2003

Pocahontas Bungalows is a perfect spot for newly weds. My Groom and I stayed up watching stars late at night after a dip in the heated pool. We had privacy to get reaquainted with each other after the wedding and found it easy to acess the attractions of the park.We hiked aingel glaciers trails. We saw the canions, we rented a row boat at pirimid lake and had a picnic lunch.
We were dazzeled by the secluded punchbowl falls! We loved the Meiett hot springs. We loved the sight of wildlife in their natural habitat. Medicine lake was as blue as blue can be!
The shrimp pasta I had at their restaurant was exellent. Our cabbin was
Quaint and cleen and the staff was friendly.Thanks Pocahontas for a
wonderful stay.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 22, 2003

pocahontas bungalows were rustic but comfy accommodations set in the rocky mountains between jasper and hinton alta. we really enjoyed all the trails near the cabins showing us the remains of the ghost mining town. not too far away are the miette hot springs. the children spent a lot of time in the heated swimming pool. We would definitely return here for a holiday.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 6, 2002

We came to Pocahontas late one night. They had only chalets/ bungalows left. We took one. It was just around the september long weekend. We got into our rooms and found them to initially look quite nice ( a little dated) but quaint till......... you sat on the furniture and found it to be totally worn out. The beds were made but I think the sheets had not been washed. The comforter had cigarette burns in it. The heat would not turn on and the bathroom was still a mess from the previous guest. We called the desk to inform them of the problems but they said there was noone here at this time to fix the problems. Oh well we won't be going back.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member