My wife and I had the misfortune to visit Pocahontas Bungalows in September 2002 - there was no (affordable) space in Jasper so we ventured out to the Bungalows as they had some space. Reception was friendly enough but when we got the keys and went to the bungalow we entered the worse 'vacation room' I have ever entered!!! The place was full of flies, the bathroom was disgusting. My wife tried to draw the curtains and the whole pole fell off. The place was dirty - it is not rustic, we stayed in plenty of rustic cabin accomodation in the Rockies for the same price and nothing was like this. I can't put into words how bad it is was... I'm a pretty easy-going person who tries to avoid confrontation but for the first time in my life I went back to reception and told then I was not going to stay after all and asked for my money back!!! As it happens we drove to Hinton and booked into the Ramada who did us a great deal as it was about 7pm and a Friday night so I guess they wanted to fill the place in the absence of business types - that place was great. The wife and I look back and chuckle at our Pocahontas adventure - but at the time, believe me, we felt like crying!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pocahontas Cabins are located in a peaceful area, just 25 minutes away from the bustling town of Jasper. Next to a diversity of natural attractions and wildlife, these cabins are the perfect place to stay to experience your own mountain retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pocahontas Cabins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocahontas Cabins Hotel Jasper National Park
- Pocahontas Hotel Jasper National Park
- Pocahontas Cabins Jasper
- Pocahontas Alberta