“Nothing Special”

Moxie's Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moxie's Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 198 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Moxie's Grill & Bar, Grande Prairie's casual dining restaurant off 100th St. features a great menu, daily drink specials and late-night dining.
Fort St. John, Canada
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was average. The service was terrible, the staff spent the majority of their time standing around talking to each other instead of serving the customers.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Really44

Grande Prairie, Canada
“I like moxies quite a bit”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Good food, it doesn't take too long to arrive and the girls are friendly. Not sure what else to say, the music could be improved

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, BC
“Just OK”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Great service in this restaurant in Prairie Mall but compared to other Moxies I have been to, this one has very average food.

Visited December 2013
Alberta
“Moxies”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Love the new look since renovations – way nicer feel.

When we went this time the service was really slow, staff not very attentive, and the food was quite slow to come - especially since it did not look that busy on the restaurant side(no idea about the lounge side though).

Thankfully everything was fresh and hot on arrival. The food was their saving grace this day. Their menu is fantastic, the selection is wonderful.

Something I noticed this time that I have not really seen before was the state of cleanliness of the restaurant – it was quite dirty when we went. We were there early in the afternoon for a late lunch. There were all sorts of food pieces, garbage, crayons, etc. under our table and the bench was not cleaned before we sat down – crumbs everywhere and something sticky all over it. This is unusual for Moxies.

• Visited October 2013
Grande Prairie, Canada
“POOR PORTION SIZE, RUDE SERVICE”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We ate there for supper and right off the bat the waitress was pushy. Once we got our meal I picked through it and there was only 3 pieces of chicken in my dish. I was mixing it you see, because I couldn't see any chicken and noticed that It was hardly half a chicken breast. More like 1/8. So I told them I thought it was a little lacking on the chicken. She automatically brought over the head waiter guy who proceeded to ball me out for complaining! He was also loud and rude! I hadn't wanted to make a scene. He was watching us like a hawk after I said he could take it back. We refused to pay for mine. Everyone else's meals were good. My husband and him got into a bit of a argument because we asked him to leave us alone and let us eat! He kept pacing in front of our table. Saying it was weighed portions and I must have read the menu wrong. I'm not paying 20.00 for 3 small chunks of meat in my salad! I think he thought I ate most of it. I just moved the food around and got all the chunks of meat out and seen that the cook must have miss calculated how much to put on the dish and hid the meat underneath to hide the fact. Thing is I got the waitress's attention as soon as I could to let her know I didn't want the meal. How could I have possibly have devoured that much in like 30 seconds!
It was a REAL ARGUMENT about the portion size. I was like fine then if you think I ate it ask those people over there if I ate anything off my dish! We gave them a small tip and left. NEVER IN MY LIFE. My husband was telling him he needed to let us finish our meal in peace. He kept coming back! We almost left with out paying. I think he may have been on something or he was over stressed. JUST WEIRD! I mean we were going to just get up and not finish and leave. ( NEVER DINE AND DASHED ) This would have been my first! lol My husband kept telling him "My wife doesn't want to order anything not after the fuss your making!" HEY! I WATCHED THAT SHOW(SERVING) WHERE IF YOU TAKE YOUR FOOD BACK THEY DO SOMETHING BAD TO IT!
If I don't like my food the first time what makes you think I'll trust you a second time! Trust me I won't starve. Don't be offended I'm not making a scene. I'll eat at home ...later. Its my choice.
An example, we were in the USA an got a salad...or shall I say a half head of iceberg lettuce not chopped up! It sent it back! Thats not a salad! If it says 1/2 a chicken breast. Then it should be more than what I received. If it says SALAD, That means at least chopped to mouth size portions and add another veggie!

Visited February 2013