“Great service”

Good for: Families with children
tacoma, United States
“Great service”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is my third time visiting the restaurant. Each time our servers were friendly and helpful - Sue is so friendly and is always quick to greet you at the door. She had my sake at the table before I returned from washing my hands. Last time I had Amaebi. They were quite small and there were two tails on the rice. I've never seen that before. Also, they don't offer the heads deep fried. Perhaps that's why the Amaebi Sushi is lacking-they don't get the whole shrimp and it is of a lesser quality. Today I got the asstd. 10 piece sashimi plate - excellent! And the spivey salmon maki. Also good. I'm reminded I'm not in Seattle with the absence of the fried Amaebi heads, but this is northern Alberta, so I guess you can't expect the same as you will get in a large metropolitan area in the states. All you folks in GP have to get more adventurous. Maybe then it will get back on the menu. Overall- great place. Definitely recommend it. Try the spivey awesome roll - it is awesome!

Comox, Canada
“Food and service are consistently reliable”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Don't be dissuaded by the unimpressive strip mall location of this hidden retreat. I'm often passing through town alone (and tired) and have stopped by Tokyo Ichiban several times. It has always impressed me. Staff are very respectful to solo diners, although many groups dine there as well. Service is quick and attentive but not intrusive. The sashimi is so good that I've had it a few times. I've tried some special rolls, they are imaginative and tasty. The beef dinner box I tried recently had a small but perfectly grilled thick piece of steak. To be honest, it topped many if the steak meals I have had at far pricier spots.

Tokyo Ichiban is nicer inside than it appears from the parking lot. I suggest you give this place a try.

“Excellent”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I love eating at Tokyo Ichiban and try to make it here once each week. Staff is super friendly, food is delicious, and they have the best combo/dinner boxes in town. Eat in or take out, this place is always a favorite for sushi dinner.

“Always Good”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Good sushi, friendly service, consistent quality, one of our favourite lunch spots. They revamped their menu and have the traditional and fusion style rolls.

Visited March 2014
Alberta
“Good Sushi”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went here for lunch the other day, it was our first time to dine in at their restaurant.

It was very nicely decorated and very clean – we watched one of the servers clean off a table and she wiped everything! (All of the condiment bottles even)

Only thing that was a bit disappointing was the bus boy/host. He was wearing jeans and a zip up hoodie and a toque. I would expect this elsewhere but not here – it kind of took away from the experience.

• Visited October 2013