“Date Night”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Date Night”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On a rare evening without our children, we decided to dine at the Acropolis. It has been a few years since my husband and I dined there and it was as delicious as we remembered. The service was excellent, loved the atmosphere. We will be returning soon!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jennifer C

“Anniversary Dinner”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We reserved a table by the fire, which was so nice. The atmosphere was cozy, the restaurant was full. Staff was informative and very helpful. Loved the hummus and Tzatziki. The meals are very generous portions. Food was fresh and fast. I too miss the lemon potatoes hope they come back. But the rest of the evening was perfect. Thanks Acropolis

1 Thank TK4Travel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I miss the old lemon potatoes”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

I really did not enjoy the new potatoes I could make those at home. Nice atmosphere and staff though

• Visited February 2014
“Great Meal”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went here for dinner with friends. The service, food and atmosphere where the best we have seen in Grande Prairie. The price was reasonable and the deserts were great. It was a Saturday night and every table was full. I suggest making reservations so you get in. We will defiantly go back.

Visited February 2014
Fort St. John, Canada
“Outstanding !!!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

Having previously lived in Grande Prairie, I had several very memorable dinning experiences here some years ago. Unfortunately several friends I have recommended this establishment to in the interm have reported back with mediocre experiences. Tonight I was back in this crazy busy northern city and was able re-try this authentic greek taverna, and am really happy that not only was it Friday night well spent, but the mystery has been solved! This establishment was sold to new owners, who apparently did not manage to pull together that complicated and delicate balance of kitchen talent, excellent service and genuine warmth that makes people feel like thay want to come back. Well the previous owners are back and they have the place absolutley on track. We arrived without a reservation, to almost a full house, luckily securing a great fireside table. Drinks and appies barely on the table before the room enjoyed a roving belly dancer who clearly knew her craft. Suddenly the whole resaurant was celebrating Friday together, with smiles, wine and laughter. When it could not get any better a young three year old joined in the dance. It was like a family celebration with folks you didn't know-yet. Dinner arrived (lamb) and as much as I enjoy mint sauce (quickly delivered as all service requests were responded to) the meal was so perfectly presented and sauced that not a thing was required at the table to embellish the chef's excellent presentation. Not normally a dessert guy, the creme carmel was worth returning for alone. I now have renewed confidence in recommending this excellent taverna for a wonderful mini "make believe" trip to Greece. I have a new excuse to accept return visits to this vibrant city. I will come for dinner alone, but they also have a great little lounge next door, that I have yet to enjoy!

Visited February 2014