“"One of the best Holiday Inn Expresses"” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie

Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie
Ranked #6 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Okotoks, Canada
“"One of the best Holiday Inn Expresses"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

My job keeps me on the road close to 300 days a year and I always stay at a Holiday Inn Express if I can find one. Everything about this hotel is outstanding, from the front desk staff, to the manager and the house keeping staff...everyone here goes out of their way to make my stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible. If your looking for a hotel that treats you like family...this is the one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul R
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay with the Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie. We sincerely appreciate this and we are so pleased that when travelling so many days a year away from home that we can make your stay feel like home and that all the staff from the top down are so accommodating and friendly. This is the service we expect to deliver to all of our guests and again thank you.

I have shared this review with my team,

Nicole Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
St. Albert, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

BE PREPARED FOR POOR TRAINING AND RUDE SERVICE STANDARDS!!
This hotel has issues from their manager to the front desk training all the way to the street location.

Check in and check out was one apathetic adolescent behavior after another in terms of hospitality. The answers given were that of a very poorly trained staff in a very busy town. The other guests in the lobby had more respectful directions as to the hotel and its layout then the front desk staff.

When asked to speak to the manager about a booking issue I was told it would be easier to stay somewhere else than reach the manager. This was confirmed by the manager as the accomodation for concerns during weekend stays. This scenerio has been a learning experience as to what is expected from the Holiday Inn Express in Grand Prairie in comparison to the more reputable Holiday Inn located by the college.

Room Tip: Rooms at the Holiday Inn by the college are of much better quality and quantity.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelAssociates
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am so sorry that you felt myself and the staff were not accommodating during your stay. The expectation was not at all for you to feel like we wanted you to leave our property to go to another or that we were trying to pressure you to leave. As a parent of a young child myself I understand how important it is to have a crib or playpen when travelling for my son to sleep in and the fact that we did not have any available during your stay as they were is use I apologize for. The best and safest recommendation is to offer you the option of moving to another hotel that had one available so you can ensure that yourself and your family gets a safe and relaxing nights sleep. I am so sorry that you felt we did not handle this situation to your standard as this was not the perception at all.

We strive on pleasing all of our guests and love to make everyone's stay most excellent.

We hope you give us another chance to see how great we truly are and again my apologies.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nice but busy so parking is limited. Was very impressed with the lady that works the midnight shift very customer driven. Rooms are decent and clean. Really need new radios the reception is terrible and alarms don't work. Room comes with a breakfast that isn't bad but longer hours on the weekend would also be nice

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your recent stay in Grande Prairie. We are glad to hear that the staff was so accommodating and that you enjoyed your stay. As part of IHG and a brand that strives on consistency we are only able to have the breakfast open on certain hours to ensure that we stay consistent with the Holiday Inn Express Brand.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again shall you be visiting Grande Prairie,

Beaumont, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love Holiday Inns.... But not this one. Check in took nearly 15 minutes, my room was 13 degrees when I walked in the door, the lady in charge of looking after breakfast wouldn't stop harassing me about putting my plate away while I was reading the paper, the pool water was warm but the room itself was bone chilling. My room was very clean but in general I think management or the owners are trying to cut costs. To top it all off, my $800 light bar was stolen of my truck. They have warning signs in the lobby about vehicle theft but can't be bothered to hire security.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with our hotel. I would first like to apologize for your general check in taking so long, we have hired a couple new girls since the new year and they are in training still, I understand this is no acceptance but want to explain this is not a regular occurrence. As for your room, that is not very comforting walking into a room that is that cool, I can reassure you it is not due to being cheap it is more due to the holiday season being very slow for the hotel so we try to be a greener, eco- friendlier hotel and save on energy by turning lights off on floors there are not guests on or turning down the heaters in rooms etc.. I apologize the housekeeper did not turn the heat up prior to your arrival as I understand it would have been much more welcoming.

Again I thank you for your feedback and apologize that your experience was not issue free. Please if you ever have an experience like this again including the theft from your truck make sure you report it to the front Desk or Management as we would be more then happy to help accommodate you to resolve any issue at hand.

Fort St. John, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

As an employee of the Pomeroy Hotel Group, my family and I stay at the Holiday Inn Express GP with a discounted rate. We always enjoy our stay. Our kids love the pool. Breakfast is great. The Bath and Body Works shampoo and conditioner is so good!

I always request for a room near the fire exit and towards the end of the hall so we won't disturb other guests in case our baby gets cranky during the night and in case of emergency it would be easy for us and the kids to exit the building safely. They always put us at the room farthest to the end of the hall, right next to the fire exit. Thank you!

On our last visit, we were on our last leg of our Christmas holiday. Having traveled for days and eating fast food, I ordered Indian food for dinner. I asked the Front Desk Agent if we could eat our dinner at the breakfast room as I was apprehensive the strong aroma of the Indian food might stick to the sheets and our room. They gladly allowed us to enjoy our meal at the breakfast room. My 8 year old son said he felt like we had our own private restaurant!!!

Would definitely keep coming back here if we will have to stay in GP again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is so great to hear you had such a flawless, enjoyable stay. We strive to please all our guests and ensure that everyone's stay is most hospitable!

I have shared this feedback with our team as it is great to celebrate the good things at the same time as consistently working to be better at the opportunities.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Grande Prairie.

Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013

This is a great hotel in every way. The rooms are spacious, clean and warm and inviting. The only thing missing in my opinion was housecoats which would have been nice on those cold mornings and to go down to the pool. They provide fresh fruit all day long in bowls throughout the lobby and the morning breakfast is pretty good (except the coffee). All the staff was wonderful! Regina at the front desk was very helpful and welcoming and everyone we encountered there was great.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 224 which was very nice and quiet but no view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us at the Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie. We are so glad that it was so accommodating and welcoming while you were away from home.

I have shared this feedback with the team and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Grande Prairie.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

Had another excellent stay last week. As always, staff was very attentive and excellent. Rooms are very clean and comfortable and high speed internet is excellent. Breakfast is nice in the morning and staff do a great job of ensuring supplies are always full. All day coffee is a nice touch as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie. We are so pleased you enjoyed every part of your stay and like all of our guests to leave with this experience.

We look forward to you staying with us again on your next visit to Grande Prairie!