“Customer Service here is steller”

Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Shawnigan Lake, Canada
“Customer Service here is steller”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed here twice now for business and this time I made sure to write a review.

Rooms are large, very clean and come with a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Beds are comfortable and the daily service very good. Breakfast provided is ample, I actually like the thin crispy bacon :).
What sets this hotel apart is the steller customer service. From check in till check out they always have a smile and greeting. Front desk is always there to give directions, make sure your happy and it is just feels that they really do care that you are happy.
I stayed here for 9 nights now this year and this hotel will always be my home away from home in Grand Prairie.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thanks you for coming to stay with us at the Holiday inn Express Grande Prairie. We are extremely pleased to hear that your stay went very well. We pride ourselves on our guest’s satisfaction and would like to make everyone’s stay most excellent. We look forward to you coming to stay with us again, and we promise your stay will be as enjoyable as the first one. Thanks you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Nicole Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at holiday inn a couple weeks ago and the front desk was amazing. They were all friendly and my room was always super clean! Also, they made a cleaning schedule to accommodate the hours that i was working which is not common. The one person that sticks out in my head is laura. She was so helpful with every part of the stay. She told me what restaurants to go to always made sure i was happy and she was very, very friendly. She makes guests really feel at home and makes the experience that much more enjoyable. I will be staying at this hotel every time in grande prairie for work now specifically because of her. And to top it off, they serve pizza and drinks for free!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not by elevator
1 Thank stuartt957
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thanks you for coming to stay with us at the Holiday inn Express Grande Prairie. We are extremely pleased to hear that your stay went very well and that Laura was so accomodating during this time. I have passed this feedback onto my team as it is always great to hear positive feedback and to celebrate it! We pride ourselves on our guest’s satisfaction and would like to make everyone’s stay most excellent. we look forward to seeing you again soon, and we promise your stay will be as enjoyable as the first one. Thanks you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Besides having great Front Desk people, the ambiance of the hotel was great, maybe they have a lot of happy people working there. I also, liked the layout and aesthetic appearance inside, real nice decor.

1 Thank Pearlieman
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie. We were extremely pleased to hear that your stay went very well. We pride ourselves on our guest’s satisfaction and would like to make everyone’s stay most excellent. We sincerely hope next time you are in Grande Prairie you will come and stay with us again, and we promise your stay will be as enjoyable as the first one. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Wales
Reviewed March 17, 2013

They have something better than an airport shuttle! Upon arrival you take the taxi to the hotel, go inside and they give you (or your driver) a voucher for the ride from the airport and will provide a voucher for your return trip to the airport or the bus station. I like this because I didn't have to stand out in the cold waiting for a shuttle. Great employees, facilities right up there with the best, very clean. I was impressed by the front desk. I was leaving at 445 am to take a bus north. She offered to get me some cold items to put in my fridge because I was leaving before breakfast, so I was able to board the bus with fresh coffee, milk, fruit, some yogurt and a roll. More user friendly than the other Holiday Inn in Grande Prairie. Oh, almost forgot, right next door to Mr. Mikes which is one of my favorite watering hole/pub food restaurant in Northern BC.

1 Thank jetsetgypsy

Brandon, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Was in Grande Prairie for an Ag Show. Check in was exceptional with a very courteous person very willing to help you in any way. When asked if I was a Priority Club member, i gave her my phone with the number in it. Her comment was I wish more people would do this! Just a quick tip for all of you business travelers out there! Not sure why Holiday Inn does not track your number in their system.... Room is a standard double which was clean and as expected from the chain. Internet was a bit different than I have seen in other hotels. It had it's own router and it's specific password. It worked well for hooking up remotely to my work computer with not much lag. Made use of the gym, which was one of the better ones that I have used lately. Didn't matter what time you went there was no one using it. Staff overall were very friendly. The only downside to this hotel is the proximity to the main roads. If you are located on an outside room facing the roads, be prepared to be woken up early in the morning. Being an oil and lumber type of town these guys get out by six am. Get a room on the inside, I am sure that you will sleep alot better! There is a number of good restaurants that are within walking distance. There is one attached and the food is good.

Chetwynd, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

where to start, the front desk are quick to help and accomidate you with any requests, But its the Breakfast room and Laverne especially that just topped my stay. Such a friendly lady and a wonderful start to my day, a lovely hot breakfast and a little sociallizing ~ felt like home. See you all again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
nicoles98, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for coming to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Grande Prairie. We were extremely please to hear that your stay went very well. We pride ourselves on our guest’s satisfaction and would like to make everyone’s stay most excellent. We sincerely hope next time you are in Grande Prairie you will come and stay with us again, and we promise your stay will be as enjoyable as the first one. We have shared your comments with our management team and our employees. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Hinton, Canada
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I would like to say thanks for the lovely stay. The rooms are very comfortable and the linens are soft. I would like to thank Laverne in the breakfast room for such an amazing meal and her hospitality, like home away from home.

Room Tip: I like the main floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family