“Holiday Inn Vacation”

Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel was excellent. The service staff were very friendly, the rooms were immaculate, the hotel was clean and well maintained. The morning coffee and snacks were tremendous. The breakfast buffet was top of the line and the food and restaurant service were excellent. The meeting rooms were clean, modern and very comfortable. I stayed here for four days on a Convention/ holiday trip and would definitely return here. Even though this is in "oil patch" country, the carpets and the traffic areas were clean and well maintained. The room service staff were extremely friendly as well.

Room Tip: I was there with friends in several of the rooms and found them all good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words! I will make sure to share with our team. We are glad you enjoyed our property and we hope to see you again

Genevieve Dumais

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

The location worked for us, it's not near the downtown you will need to taxi it if you don't have a vehicle. The pool and hot tub were not working, the wifi was not working - I had to use my own hotspot to work. I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.

Our pool and hot tub was indeed out of service for a few days as we were renovating. I am glad to report that the work has been completed and both have been re-open last week. We apologies for the inconvenient as we continue to improve.

Our Wifi network has recently been upgraded to improve our offering and has been working great. We have not have any issues so I am sorry to hear it did not work for you. I encourage you to contact our front desk agents who can help you with any technical issues and find a solution so that you do not have to use your own hotspot.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance as these issues are not a reflection of our product.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel many times, it was clean and comfortable as it always has been. Staff was friendly and airport shuttle was fast and saved us a cab fare. We booked our room already for the night we return to GP

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words! I will make sure to share with our team. Looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

The rooms and the service are very good. The location makes it easy to take a break from the hotel when on business overnight with a theater and shopping close by.

The evenings can get very loud with the traffic however.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel.
We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here on business and had a great stay overall. Clean rooms, although slightly loud as you could hear more than you'd like to.

Good location, check-in seamless. Decent stay, decent price. I wouldn't say it's an exceptional hotel but it was definitely better than others I've stayed in!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights for business. Exceptionally poor choice. The rooms have paper-thin walls and doors so noise was easy to hear at all hours and they were functionally clean. A great feature is they have a choice of firm or soft pillows and the soaps are Bath & Body Works. The ice machine was broken on my floor but a quick pop up the stairs was fine. The breakfast buffet was a good mix of eggs, fruit, bacon, sausage, etc. for a very reasonable price and lunches had good choices but the service was a little slow. The housekeeping and restaurant staff are very attentive and friendly. The pool was clean and quiet at the time that I went, although it could do without the fake dusty plants. The spa looked very nice from the outside and people who were leaving had a smile on their faces.

The front desk staff, with the exception of Brandy, is the MAJOR problem. There is a ginger-haired fellow who has absolutely no emotion in his face when he asks what you want. Not once was there a greeting with a welcome smile or friendly word from him. Any interaction with him felt cold and that I had disturbed him. The other staff were mediocre except from Brandy who always had a smile and welcome personality. I do not think this property is worth $149/night.

Room Tip: Book online so you can avoid the front desk staff as much as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank teeth-on-fork
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedbacks with us. We always appreciate when our guests give us the opportunity to improve. I am glad that you enjoyed our property overall but we obviously missed the mark on a few points.

I would like to apologies on behalf of our front desk staff for not welcoming you as we should of. We are in the hospitality business, and making all our guests feel like at home is our goal. I will definitely share and address your concerns with our team.

I also thank you for your kind words about Brandy. I will definitely pass it along.

We sincerely hope you will give us another chance. In the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss further.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Haven't stayed at a HI for a long time because I find they are always over priced compared to other properties with the same amenities. Gave them a chance here because all the hotels in Grande Prairie are over priced (as the market can dictate it here I guess). This was a great stay, excellent check-in very friendly - which we don't really care about but like to acknowledge when it happens. Room was very well appointed, clean, quiet and very comfortable beds. Pool and hot tub were nice as well. Is also very handy to a few stores that have just been built over the last little while as well as restaurants. We will stay here again for sure when we come through G.P next spring.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me first start by thanking you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon