“Nice, clean, comfortable and great location”

Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre
Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Haven't stayed at a HI for a long time because I find they are always over priced compared to other properties with the same amenities. Gave them a chance here because all the hotels in Grande Prairie are over priced (as the market can dictate it here I guess). This was a great stay, excellent check-in very friendly - which we don't really care about but like to acknowledge when it happens. Room was very well appointed, clean, quiet and very comfortable beds. Pool and hot tub were nice as well. Is also very handy to a few stores that have just been built over the last little while as well as restaurants. We will stay here again for sure when we come through G.P next spring.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me first start by thanking you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was part of a hockey team that stayed here for 2 nights. We were on a bus and the staff were more than accommodating with giving us a storage room to store all the equipment overnight. This helped protect the walls, floors and rooms. The rooms... wow, I had a giant king sized bed with enough pillows to sleep on instead of the bed. Half of the pillows were marked as firm and the other half soft, so I could pick and choose my desire. Very nice touch! The 32" TV in the room was great except for the TELUS TV/Internet. Very confusing, not very user friendly and slow. Not being able to order in house movies when you want. The restaurant and lounge were fantastic, withe some of the friendliest and helpful staff anywhere, great service, great food. In the lobby was coffee, teas, and muffins and breakfast bars for those on the go.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments. I will make sure to share with all our staff.

Telus Optic TV is a new product that we recently installed in our hotel; however as with any new system, we are still going through the implementation phase. Any feedback is welcome and will definitely be used to assess the system. We are closely working with Telus to improve our offering.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed in H I's right across the country. To me they have always been pretty average and basically unremarkable with only a few exceptions. One time I got the last room at an HI in Guelph and they put me in the Honeymoon Suite at regular room corp rate. Nice room, nice big jacuzzi, no wife along to share it with (sigh). Additionally I stayed every other week at a HI in Downtown Calgary on 8th. It was perfect for me. Most of my business was right downtown and they had free heated underground parking. Privacy was assured because you had to have a special elevator key to get to the top floors. However one thing that was consistent with all the Holiday Inns is that I couldn't seem get a good meal in them. Breakfast being the exception in Cowtown. Recently I stayed in the HI&S in Grande Prairie, Alberta. It is a full service hotel includinf a Spa. The desk manager gave me a corporate rate because the contractor I was doing work for put his crew up there too. At that, it was within the top end of the range I will pay as a courtesy to my clients. This hotel is worth the money though. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. No.1 the place is clean from the lobby to the underground heated parking lot. I was doubly impressed when I discovered they had underground parking because it was -28C. I was in a mid sized rental car but you might have trouble parking anything over a half ton a pickup truck down there. The room I was in was clean, big and had all the amenities. Excellent.

The biggest surprise turned out to be their restaurant "Seasons on 40". I was looking for a place to eat nearby due to my conviction about food and HI's. But as I sait it was -28C and I thought rather than face that again just for a bite to eat I would take my chances and eat in the hotel. Surprise surprise! I enjoyed likely what was the best meal I have eaten in a HI in all my 30 odd years of traveling. Being cautious I didn't have anything exotic. I had a small ribeye steak, mixed veg and oven roast baby potatoes. The small salad bar was included. It was spectacular!!! The steak while thinner was a perfect MR and seasoned as I would on my own BBQ. (no sauce please) The steamed cauliflower, broccoli and green beans were excellent with good texture and lightly seasoned. ( aromat I suspect) I use a similar product at home. All restaurants should use it. When I bit into the oven roasted baby potatoes I had to check in the kitchen to see if my wife was in there. They were perfect! I had a small shooter dessert which was a nice finale to a very nice meal. The bill was only $27 so I gave my server $40 and said please keep the change. I would have kissed her in appreciation for great service and delicious food but today you get arrested for doing things like that. I ate all my meals in the hotel during my stay. Thank you Holiday Inn GP for restoring my faith in your food service. Good Job!!!

Room Tip: Forget the two doubles beds unless you need them because with a single queen bed there is room for a...
1  Thank LarryG135
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your nice review. I will make sure to share with all our staff, especially our restaurant team.

Our team takes pride in their jobs and work really hard so that our guests can enjoy a great stay and comments like yours make it all worth it!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed for one night on a business trip to Grande Prairie.

The person I checked in with was great. I forgot my phone charger at home and she happily lent me one from the front desk. It was very helpful. The wi-fi in the room was really easy and simple to connect to. The bed was comfortable and liked that there was a choice between the hard and soft pillows.

This hotel was one that came highly recommended among almost everybody I talked to and it didn't let me down!

The only bad thing I could say was that the fridge was probably a little loud but it was no bother.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have always tried to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites when travelling to Grande Prairie for work. It is full quite often during the winter due to the oilpatch, but well worth booking ahead of time if able. The rooms are clean, well furnished and quiet. The restaurant downstairs is also very good if you don't want to wander out to one of the local understaffed restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our property.

We hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed @ this hotel for the night and was really confortable. Front desk stafff were really helpful. The breakfast buffet is also really good; many choices. Dinner menu also has many choices. Price was reasonable, and the service was outstanding.
Will be staying here again; looking forward to it.
The price for one night with taxes is 146.06,canadian.

Room Tip: You can't drive in from the front or the side; you have to come in from the back due the heavy t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their experience at our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this property the night before a flight and also when we returned two weeks later. Hotel was clean and hotel staff was friendly. We arrived late both nights so did not try the restaurant that is attached. Bedding was comfortable and halls were quiet which let us get some much needed rest. We left our car in the heated storage on the basement level. Lots of room and was so nice to not have to clean snow and ice off of car that had accumulated during our absence. One word of warning! If you have a low car you WILL scrape the bottom of your bumper coming and going, I tried to angle it the best I could and still hit bottom. No damage as far as I could tell, just loud scraping that I was not thrilled about

Room Tip: We booked a single king room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to first of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you left well rested. I am also glad you took advantage of our heated underground parking, particularly useful in our long (and early!) winters.