“Good Place to stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Calgary, Canada
“Good Place to stay!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed for one night on a business trip to Grande Prairie.

The person I checked in with was great. I forgot my phone charger at home and she happily lent me one from the front desk. It was very helpful. The wi-fi in the room was really easy and simple to connect to. The bed was comfortable and liked that there was a choice between the hard and soft pillows.

This hotel was one that came highly recommended among almost everybody I talked to and it didn't let me down!

The only bad thing I could say was that the fridge was probably a little loud but it was no bother.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Genevieve Dumais

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have always tried to stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites when travelling to Grande Prairie for work. It is full quite often during the winter due to the oilpatch, but well worth booking ahead of time if able. The rooms are clean, well furnished and quiet. The restaurant downstairs is also very good if you don't want to wander out to one of the local understaffed restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at our hotel with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our property.

We hope to see you soon again!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed @ this hotel for the night and was really confortable. Front desk stafff were really helpful. The breakfast buffet is also really good; many choices. Dinner menu also has many choices. Price was reasonable, and the service was outstanding.
Will be staying here again; looking forward to it.
The price for one night with taxes is 146.06,canadian.

Room Tip: You can't drive in from the front or the side; you have to come in from the back due the heavy t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review! We always appreciate when our guests take the time to share their experience at our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to see you again soon!

Peace River, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed at this property the night before a flight and also when we returned two weeks later. Hotel was clean and hotel staff was friendly. We arrived late both nights so did not try the restaurant that is attached. Bedding was comfortable and halls were quiet which let us get some much needed rest. We left our car in the heated storage on the basement level. Lots of room and was so nice to not have to clean snow and ice off of car that had accumulated during our absence. One word of warning! If you have a low car you WILL scrape the bottom of your bumper coming and going, I tried to angle it the best I could and still hit bottom. No damage as far as I could tell, just loud scraping that I was not thrilled about

Room Tip: We booked a single king room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to first of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you left well rested. I am also glad you took advantage of our heated underground parking, particularly useful in our long (and early!) winters.

Vancouver
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here one night to catch a flight to Vancouver the next morning. Good location and about 10 minutes to the airport by car.
Nice restaurant and the food is good but expect to wait a while for your main course. Free in room internet and 2 computers and printer in Business Centre. Reasonably fast internet connection.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay!

We are also glad that you enjoyed our Internet - we have been doing a lot of upgrades this year (and more to come in the next few months!) to ensure our guests can enjoy the fastest Internet possible in Grande Prairie.

calgary
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We stayed here one night in late August. Reception was very welcoming.
We were exhausted as we had driven all day and turned in before ten for a good night's sleep. At 4 AM the fire alarm was pulled and we had to evacuate.
Needless to say, we were exhausted the next day. Hopefully hotel management and the police have caught the prankster.
A letter of apology from hotel management would have been appreciatd.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We would like to first thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our facility.

We are terribly sorry you had to experience an early "unwanted wake up call" while staying with us. We always try to make every guests' stay perfect but sometimes, people get in the way. I can totally understand how unpleasant this has been for you, especially after a long day on the road. We are also sorry that the apology letter did not reach you in the morning.

I can assure you that this was a totally isolated incident and that we make everything in our power to make sure these things don't and won't happen again.

We hope to see you again soon, and if there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Saskatoon
Reviewed September 11, 2012

So first of all the hotel is a nice place, the front lobby is great and the people at the front desk are quick and know what they are doing. The housekeeping staff though are terrible. When I travel, I always use my cell phone as for an alarm, so imagine my surprise when , after getting in late the night before, the hotel alarm clock goes off at 6AM! Being unfamiliar with the alarm clock I was fully awake by the time i figured out how to turn the thing off. Not a god start to my day. As I was leaving the room I grabbed the hand lotion bottled that they provide in the hotel room, again to my surprise I find that the bottle is half empty. I can only assume the last guest used the lotion and the housekeeping staff unconcerned about replacing it with a new bottle. This was very disappointing as when I usually stay at Holiday Inn's the level of housekeeping is much better than this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
GenHIGP, General Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites Grande Prairie - Conference Centre, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. Without feedbacks, it is hard to make improvements.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed our hotel. Our housekeeping department takes pride and their rooms and make sure that the cleanliness exceed expectations. However, it seems that we missed the mark on a few items. The alarm clock should have been reset and I can totally understand how unpleasant the unwanted wakeup call was. We also should have carefully inspected the amenities put in the rooms.

From myself and our housekeeping department, I would like to extent our sincere apology for the inconvenience encountered during you stay. I can assure you we will make sure it does not happen again.

We sincerely hope you will give us another try. If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hope to see you again soon

780-357-2618