“A big wow...”

Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Preston, United Kingdom
“A big wow...”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

An excellent hotel on all counts. The rooms were large and clean, we had 2 queens, a full kitchen including iron and ironing board. The so called 'free continental breakfast' was an amazing experience with a continental option that included bacon and delightfully smooth, home made scrambled egg. If this is continental then bring it on!
The staff were excellent and helpful and the hotel is is very close to restaurants should you want to dine out. In fact across the street is a Mike's Steak House. If I was being picky I would criticise the lift. It was annoyingly slow to respond at peak times.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are very proud of our Hotel and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2013

In town for just a few days and we stayed here. The rooms were clean, service was good, and included wifi and breakfast (simple but fine for us). Located close to shopping and groceries. Included a kitchenette. I would stay again ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tonya26
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

What's to say? The stay was very average. The rooms were nice, comfortable, but looked like normal hotel rooms, they were clean, probably a bit over priced... But good. The breakfast was good, average for what you would expect at this kind of restaurant choosing to charge what they do. There were make your own waffles, so that was impressive.
I might stay here again, but it wouldn't be my first choice, and I could take it or leave it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PomeroyInnGP, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I hope you will try us again, if at that time you have any concerns please always call the front desk and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.

Kathy Mcleod
BC
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have always stayed at the Pomeroy in GP... Has always been wonderful. We have 2 children and the rooms that have outside access to a green space is wonderful. Until this trip when I learned dogs get priorities of those rooms over children. You can not reserve a particular room ahead of time, and although you request the room 3 weeks prior you will not know if you get it until check in. Disappointed and would have continued to stay if the staff were more helpful. Excuse after excuse.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tjtjsc
PomeroyInnGP, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
When we spoke upon your check out the morning of July 17th, I apologize if there was a misunderstanding with what I was trying to explain. You are right, we do not block any rooms for guests until the day of arrival. Upon special request we do write messages in the folio stating your request for a certain room facing a certain direction at our Hotel. It is not always possible to accommodate these requests as we do have in-house guests that extend their stay. We only have 8 rooms with an outside patio and unfortunately they were occupied when you were last here . These are the most requested room types for families with children and also families with pets as it is a grassed and fenced in.

Yours in Hospitality,
Kathy McLeod
Spruce Grove, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This hotel has a variety of rooms for various needs. My brother and his family stayed in a larger room when they had to stay for a few weeks for business - it was nice and it had a door which lead to a BBQ and an outdoor space. I stayed in clean, comfortable room on business by myself and was impressed with the pool and the atmosphere! Very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went up to Grande Prairie to visit my husband at work over Easter and was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I have stayed at various other hotels in Grande Prairie over the years and this was definitely one of the better ones. First off the hotel was very clean as was the room. It worked out perfectly for my family as I have three young kids so there was a hide a bed in a separate room from the main bedroom. Another great feature was the full kitchen which I would use if I was planning on staying longer than a night or two. Two T.V's was also another bonus so I wasn't stuck watching kid shows the whole time I was there. The only downfall was the breakfast that is included I was not overally impressed. If you stuck to the waffles and toast, cereal etc you would be ok. The eggs were like pellets that come out of the microwave and everyone was just taking a bite of them and throwing them out. I think if you are going to provide a hot breakfast do fresh scrambled eggs instead of microwaving them or hire someone to make omelets for a few hours in the morning. Other than that I will definitely be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Pomeroy for two nights on business. The staff were helpful and friendly, the room comfortable and clean. I did find that I had to keep the AC unit on at all times otherwise it was much too hot.

The pool was nice - big and warm. The water slide looked like fun but I didn't get to try it.

Breakfast was plentiful and I loved the waffle maker!

If, for some reason, I returned to Grande Prairie, I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed April 2013