“Needs a bit more organization...”

The L Spa & Wellness Centre
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband wanted to treat me to an afternoon of spa treats for my birthday and chose the Podollan and L Spa. There seemed to be a LOT of confusion when I arrived and nobody could figure out just what and when I was booked for. That is never a good sign! Eventually it all got sorted out and I was led to the waiting room to fill out the forms. She said that she would come back for me but I waited until it was past the time for my first appointment to begin and then I made my way back to the front desk (still in my coat, they hadn't given me a robe yet) where she apologized for not coming to get me and assured me that I would still get my full treatment time.

I had an express facial first and I have to say that I have had a lot of facials and although it was an express it did not feel rushed at all. Casey (?) was very thorough and instead of leaving me while I had a mask on she gave me a wonderful scalp massage. Very happy with this treatment. Next up was an express pedicure as they told me they were unable to fit in time for a polish. I was put in a very comfortable chair with my feet soaking but was left there for a good 15 minutes! The bubbles were up to my knees and I was ready to go looking for someone by the time she returned. I have never been left soaking for that long with any pedicure but the time is short enough with an express pedi without wasting so much time especially when I've been told there was absolutely no time for polish. I wasn't happy at all with the pedicure and felt it was definitely not worth the $65.
Lastly I had a 45 min massage with Ted and it was good, not outstanding but good. The rooms for the facial and massage were nice and quite quiet. If things just flowed a little more smoothly it could be a much nicer experience

Leah P, Owner at The L Spa & Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write. Firstly, Happy Birthday and secondly what a wonderful husband to have treated you to an afternoon of spa treatments. I apologize that the flow of appointments did not run as smoothly as they should have. I can understand how this affected your experience. We have discussed your experience and will strive to ensure that it does not happen again. I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you how seriously we take our level of customer service.

Leah Podollan
Owner
The LSpa & Wellness Centre

Reviewed September 26, 2013

My daughter and I did a manicure and pedicure at the LSpa. The staff were so friendly and the facility is the most beautiful spa I have been in. It was worth the 2 hour drive when you walk into the LSpa it feels like you have really gone away on a holiday. It is hard to believe that this beautiful spa is in Grande Prairie. I love the LSPA. My favourite present is a gift card from the spa. I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A trip to the LSpa in May was my 3rd one. This time I convinced 3 of my girlfriends to go with me. After a 3 hour drive to get there We walked in and as usual everything is beautyful and the ladies who served us very friendly. My friends filled out some forms and it was of to get changed. One of the employees showed us where the change room/bath room was and where the waiting room was then left us to get changed. Think she should have come in to the change room when showing us. All lockers were closed so I had go get someone as I thought they were all in use. An employee came and showed us where the keys were in the room and apologized. She said they had not had a chance to place robes back in them yet so she excused herself to go grab some robes for us. This kind of made me think they were not prepared for us. Not a great first impression. She came back with robes and we slipped into our new attire. When we were all changed my girlfriends were not loving what they had just put on. There were holes in each of them and two ladies had to fold the robes a certain way as to not expose themselves. Really!? I would not expect this from one of Canada's top 50 spa's. We then went to the waiting room and there were a couple other people there. Not a big deal, but a couple of us had no where to sit. I like this room and for me the relaxation starts here but this time it didnt. This room needs to be so much bigger. We waited a few minutes and then we were whisked away to individual rooms for our facials. AWESOME facials. Everything I expected. From this point forward I was very happy. There is one thing I don't get though. After three facials here I've been told 3 different things about my skin and recommended 3 different types of products for my skin. This really confuses me and makes me think someone didn't know what they were talking about or doing but i don't know which person. This does not sit well with me as I spent $400 for new product this time. Some I needed anyway and some was to replace what I was currently using as I was currently using the wrong stuff. Anyway, I love going here just to get away for the day and I will be back.

1  Thank Crystal O
Colleen N, Manager at The L Spa & Wellness Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Crystal, thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations. We have since your visit replaced all spa robes with new plush robes to provide comfort ensuring a luxurious experience. We have also stepped up our routine checks to ensure that you are not left without the proper necessities during your visit.

Touching on skin care, there are numerous factors that may influence your skin at any one time. As our skin is subject to various external and internal factors each analysis you receive may vary from the last depending on what the therapist notices and their treatment approach. For that very reason we recommend regular facials (approximately every 4 to 6 weeks) to ensure that we are providing your skin with the care & attention it needs and adjusting your home care routine according to your skin concerns.

We are thrilled to hear that you love visiting the L Spa and we hope to make your next experience exceptional.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel and spaced my appointments which was nice and gave me more flexibility when booking.

The staff was amazing....made a person comfortable from the time you walked in until you walked out. Everyone was very well informed and willing to accomodate you.

My own personal preferences would like it to be a bit cooler, maybe even have the choice of a warm or cool room and there be a bit more light or given a choice. it was almost too zen for me. LOL

I highly recommend and will be making that the spa I go to from now on.

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Beautiful setting and friendly people. I found the price a little on the high end, but the environment kind of asks for it. However, I found the skills of Massage therapist mediocre to say the least. I suppose it is OK for anyone wanting only the Relaxation, gentle massages. I usually like to have that little bet extra pressure and work done on the areas that bothers me.

4  Thank vbecak