“i ordered what?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jax Grill & Lounge

Jax Grill & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the Podollan Inn & Spa, Jax Grill & Lounge is decidedly different from the traditional hotel dining room. Perfect for relaxing and enjoying breakfast,lunch, dinner, cocktails or gathering after a long day. Our elegant ambiance offers plush leather furniture. Jax's showcases a new and innovative menu and offers a large selection of martini's, spirits, wine and ale. Join us and taste the difference.
DCBC
“i ordered what?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I remember a time when this place was fun, entertaining and had a great vibe with amazing food, that time was quite a while ago, since I have not been for a while I thought I would give it a shot. Anyways from the moment I sat down I felt something was off. Ordered a cocktail, selected a starter salad and ordered a main. Drinks came, starter ceaser salad came and it was drenched in sauce and bacon bits, i recall eating a meal like this at a music festival vendor, not at JAX, it was impossible, maybe not....
Since my GF and i were so hungry, we maowed down and towards the middle of the serving i bit in to what i thought was RAW SEAFOOD/FISH taste. I summoned the foreign waiter, i said this tastes like fish man. He said ill go check, he came back with a reply of "This is completely normal sir, there is anchovies in the sauce" said really??? I have eaten over 100 Ceaser Salads and have never encountered RAW SEAFOOD taste. I wish i had never ordered the main at that moment i was ready to pay for the drinks and walk out, but thank god my GF kept me in check. Anyways the mains come, she got what she ordered, i did not get what i ordered, according to the menu, the item i ordered was directly above the selection he decided to order for me, so when i explained to him that this is not what i ordered he seem really surprised... He said "Are you sure sir.. sir?" That's it, i said get me the bill we are out of here, then he charged me $12.00 for the starter salad that was listed as $8.00 in the menu, i even paid for the garbage i was served.

Extremely disappointed, Management- if you bring in foreign staff please spend a few minutes with them going over the English translation of the menu items, that will minimize error from waiter/waitress to kitchen, Note to kitchen staff- Ceaser Salad does not suppose to taste like raw seafood and the butter chicken my GF had was dry and bland, i did not get an opportunity to try the Maple Syrup Penne so i cant rate it

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BooBoo D
Jason P, Owner at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear BooBoo D,

Thank you for your review.

I had discussions with all staff involved with your stay, from the Guest Service Agent at the hotel that checked you in, to the server in Jax that took your order. Our service staff were able to easily recall their interactions with you.

We are very proud of our service team at the hotel and at Jax. They are friendly, professional, and great people with big hearts. Your server that evening, is a true service professional, having worked at many 5 star hotels all over the world. His english is excellent, and he has a very comprehensive understanding of the menu. We are very lucky to have him.

We are also very proud of our new Executive Chef, the culinary team he has built, and the new menu. We have received countless positive comments on the quality of the food we are producing, and the atmosphere and service we are providing. I find it unfortunate that you did not have a similar experience.

We appreciate your business and would love the opportunity to serve you again. We don't want anyone to leave not having a positive experience.

Wishing you a happy and healthy holiday season.

Northport, NS
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

I thought the food was good and I thought the prices were great. The staff seemed truly interested in what I thought.

Visited October 2013
Arviat, Canada
“great ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Stayed at the Podolland and got to enjoy an excellent dinner. The restaurant is really nice with quiet private booths. Great menu with something for everyone and good drink menu. Friendly staff.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank justmy0pinion
Regina, Saskatchewan
“Jax Jacks up the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stopped in with out of town visitors after previewing the menu. They changed it due to the Oilmans Show in town and the menu was tiny and OVERPRICED! The food was good, but not worth it. I've eaten here numerous times and I have to say I most likely won't be back. If you are cool with paying 35 bucks for breakfast by all means head over here. If not, I'd recommend trying somewhere else.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
“Your past patronage of JAX is appreciated and we are grateful for your nice comments about enjoying your meal. To ensure that guest’s wait times were not increased during one of the busiest hospitality weeks in Grande Prairie we created a shorter menu choosing the most popular items that you most likely enjoyed before, without changing any prices.

That week we offered our hot breakfast buffet to all our hotel guests for only $11.95. The lineup included hot cakes, French toast, freshly cracked locally produced eggs, farmer’s pork sausage, maple smoked bacon, sliced baked ham and hash browns. Our continental breakfast featuring a selection of fresh oven baked breakfast pastries, muffins, assorted breads and bagels, fruit yogurts, fresh cut fruit salad, assorted cereals, hot brewed selection of STARBUCKS coffees, TAZO teas, milk and assorted fruit juices is complimentary.

Every member of our hospitality team at the Podollan Inn & Spa appreciates each opportunity to make our hotel guest experience the best in the city. We use every Trip Advisor review as a guide to fulfil our goal and to confirm our efforts of making your guest experience the very best.
Edmonton, Canada
“Recommend it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was staying one night at the Podollan hotel there and really didn't want to go to the Keg nearby or Ric's Grill around the corner. This restaurant is probably as hidden as a restaurant could be - which is too bad because I was very surprised how good the dinner was that night - and how good the lunch was the next day. The prices are average for that good quality of food. The servers were great. The food was really good. I had a 10 oz steak for supper. Beautiful veggies. Presented shockingly well. Fantastic broiled potatoes with cream sauce. The steak was pretty good. The steak was cooked perfectly and a decent cut. Better than I was expecting for such a quiet hidden restaurant. Lunch was a clubhouse wrap. Fantastic! Got the side onion rings - Blew My Mind! I will be eating at that restaurant again.

• Visited April 2013