“Wonderful cozy escape from the cold....”
Review of Jax Grill & Lounge

Jax Grill & Lounge
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in the Podollan Inn & Spa, Jax Grill & Lounge is decidedly different from the traditional hotel dining room. Perfect for relaxing and enjoying breakfast,lunch, dinner, cocktails or gathering after a long day. Our elegant ambiance offers plush leather furniture. Jax's showcases a new and innovative menu and offers a large selection of martini's, spirits, wine and ale. Join us and taste the difference.
Ladysmith, Canada
“Wonderful cozy escape from the cold....”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is one of Grande Prairie's best kept secrets. This trendy little lounge located in the Padollan Inn offers excellent service, a delicious menu and wonderful cocktails. The mushroom ravioli is
second to none.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank AprilB79
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Jax Grill & Lounge, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience.

“Okay food but horrible atmosphere.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a Saturday night dinner date with a friend we both ordered cocktails and salads. The food was okay, and our server seemed as though she was new but was delightful and polite, apologizing for her lack of knowledge. However, the bartenders ad other servers used language that was very inappropriate. They were arguing! As well the music was way too loud and was not continuous. Just when a good song would come on a bubbly server would run over to what looked like a cell phone and change the song completely to something that was fit for a dance club. Also, our bill came and we waited 10 mins at the bar to pay for our meal. There was no one around.

We are pleased you enjoyed your cocktails and salads. We apologize that the service was not up to its regular standards. We hope you will come again and have a great experience.
Peace River
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We are not from town and have stayed at Pollodan 3 times in the last few months. First experiences with Jax in October and mid December 2012 were very good. Last time I was there December 12/13th and the fajitas were soo good! Begged my husband to take me for lunch there again at end of of December. I guess the menu has changed from December 12 until December 29th. The fajitas came with totally different items and were cooked very differently. Todays fajitas were oily and not near as good! Last time fajitas came with lettuce,tomato, jalepenos, cheese. The ones today did not come with any of this and came with beans and rice. Yuck!

• Visited December 2012
Thank you for staying with us and returning to eat our fajitas three times! We appreciate your input. On occasion, different Chefs vary the recipe. We will share your commetns with the Chefs. Hope to see you soon.
San Francisco, California
“Excellent food and great service”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Simple but well done dinner, great service. I had an issue and called for a manager, he solve the problem with a glance. Decent breakfast next day. Coming back for sure!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank RobbieFDR
Thank you for sharing. We are delighted that you enjoyed your meals and the customer service was great. See you again soon.
“Terrible food, terrible service, uncomfortable atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

We decided to try Jax for lunch based on reviews we read. The sign at the entrance said Please Wait To Be Seated. We entered and waited as directed. As we stood in the door way, we watched and listened to employees argue, and totally ignore us. It became kind of awkward, and I was tempted to turn around and walk out, but for some reason, we didn't.
As we were waiting for our food, a girl behind the bar yelled to another employee if she should throw out the glass rimmer as "it looks like its gross and full of germs".

Finally our food arrives, both of our orders are messed up. Husband orders a bison burger, with feta cheese infused. His comes with no feta. I ordered the crispy chicken burger. It came with a slice of mozerella on top, which I did not order. The reason I ordered this burger, is that It came with a lemon aoli. Well, there was no aoli. I asked if I could please get some on the side. The waitress asked me again what it was, she clearly had no idea what aoli was. She walked in and out of the kitchen a few times, stood behind the bar for a few minutes, then returned to me and said "Sorry, we don't have any of them left, hopefully we get them in soon for next time".......... Them? It became very clear she had no idea what I had asked for and therefore didn't ask the kitchen staff at all.
Proceeded to eat my burger, which was thin and so unbelievably dry. It was hard to eat. There was no chicken in parts, and an overwhelming amount of bread. I should also mention, it was advertised as coming on a seseame seed bun, which it didn't.

After finishing, our waitress is no where to be found. Another girl comes to our table to take our plates and said our server had to step out.

The environment was totally unprofessional, and the food and service were terrible. Not even that the quality was not worth the price, it wasn't worth anything at all. For the first time in my life, I left without tipping a single penny. We will not be returning.

We apologize for your experience. We now have better training in place which will create an overall better dining experience.