I come to GP for work quite often and was looking for a hotel to make my regular.
I've stayed here a couple times at Super 8 and thought it was great. I came today and discovered the hot tub was down. Not a huge deal.. Then I found mouse poop in my room (pics added). I called the front desk to let them know. They asked if I wanted to change rooms, I said no there isn't much point. And that was the end of the convo. Didn't even ask my name or room or let me know they would look into it.
I love this hotel because of great breakfasts and the hotel shuttle, but having mouse poop and the staff not seeming to mind is probably a deal breaker.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find many economic hotels in and around Grande Prairie Alberta, but only Super 8 Hotel offers outstanding value for your travel dollar. Centrally located, we offer clean, comfortable, newly renovated rooms at Pride of Super 8. We constantly upgrade our property to exceed our guests' expectations. Families will value our double queen beds rooms with bunk beds and efficiency suites equipped with full kitchens, which is also perfect for your longer stays. Our goal is to make you feel at home. Super 8 Grande Prairie offers complimentary Superstart(R) hot breakfast, free high-speed Internet, free parking, in-room refrigerator, microwave and guest laundry facilities. Our on-site gym makes it easy to squeeze a workout into your travel itinerary and if you need to unwind from a long stretch on the road, benefit from out hotel's heated indoor pool and waterslide. We offer non-smoking and smoking rooms as well as a handicapped-accessible room. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. We also are a pet friendly hotel. Grande Prairie's own Muskoseepi Park is only 2 minutes' drive from the hotel, featuring fishing, hiking, tennis, lawn bowling, horseshoes, miniature golf, disc golf, community Skate Park, ice skating, snowshoeing, sliding and cross country skiing. Other activities in the city include but are not limited to championship golf courses, shopping centers (we are located 5 minutes' walk from Prairie Mall), Jump Yard, Eastlink Center and Grande Prairie Live Theatre. We are also located 20 minutes' drive from the Philip J. Currie Dinosaur Museum and Nitehawk Recreation Area. Within .5 miles of the hotel, you will find various excellent dining options such as Prairie Sushi, Mr. Mikes Steakhouse, Subway, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, Taco Time, Prairie Mall (food court and Moxies) and The Office. Do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you have any questions, our friendly staff will happily assist you with your reservation needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Super 8 Grande Prairie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Prairie Super Eight
- Grande Prairie Super 8
- Super Eight Grande Prairie
- Super 8 Grande Prairie Alberta