“Fantastic staff”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Beaumont, Canada
“Fantastic staff”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have stayed at this location several times and the staff are second to none. Shelly, and Trudy before her have done an excellent job of training the front desk girls to be friendly and very helpful.

Room Tip: Be honest
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Thank you so much for your comments. I may be a bit biased but find the team at the front desk are excellent ambassadors for the property. I am pleased to pass on your compliment and look forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Jasper, AB
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My fiancée and I have had to travel to GP several times over the past couple of months to meet with a surgeon in Grande Prairie and are happy to have stumbled upon this hotel (after making a BIG mistake and staying at the ‘inn’ next door during our first stay). The hotel is always clean, the staff is always very friendly and the location can’t be beat.

I would like to personally commend the staff at the Super 8 Grande Prairie – particularly Sherry - for their commitment to outstanding service. I have worked in the hospitality industry for several years – and the hotel industry for over 10 – and, during our recent visit, her service epitomized what going ‘above and beyond’ really means. We had to make a few big changes during our stay and she could not possibly have been more helpful or accommodating.

This was our first time bringing one of our dogs with us for the trip and I was a bit worried about doing so. Having said that, this was the perfect place to do it – she was treated like a guest herself! Not only was she greeted by the staff when we arrived but she was even given a toy to play with and to take with her! She definitely adapted well to her new surroundings :)

After checking in, I asked for a room change (no fault of the hotel, I just prefer a single room rather than a double for a longer stay) and Sherry quickly helped us to make the change – after another staff didn’t think it would be possible - as I had planned on being in the area for five days. We were quickly moved and even offered help moving our things.

To our dismay, we had to unexpectedly leave early the following morning as my fiancée’s surgery was cancelled. It was an upsetting time and we were worried that we would be charged for cancellation or early check-out. Instead, the staff were very understanding and empathetic to our situation and did everything that they could to make us feel better. They were able to immediately change the booking to the rescheduled day(s), arrange a reasonable rate for our next stay and helped us avoid any further charges. The staff made a tough situation MUCH easier.

I would like to say a big thank you to all of the staff (and a very special thank you to Sherry) for going out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We look forward to visiting again in a couple of weeks!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MountainGirl
Super8GPAB, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit such a wonderful comment. We are very blessed to have someone like Sherry at the property and we will definately pass along the praise from you.
I wish you luck and health and hope that the next time we see you it is under better circumstances.
God bless.

Baddeck, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2011

The staff where nice. But we had booked a suite and received two queen beds. They said that they had teachers come in. Well we booked a room and got bumped and that was it. When we fell asleep we where woken to yelling from the room above. This is the second time we have stayed there and left more tired than we went in. We usually stay at the Super 8 Hotels and have a good experience. We have stayed there many times the last 5 years, but the last year it seems to have had some management problems. We will give it another chance,,,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that your last visit was certainly not up to our Super 8 standards. I have sent you a message in regards to your last booking and trust that we can accommodate you much better with your next one. Please either email me back with contact info or please feel free to call me at the property so we can book your next visit.

Regards,

Alberta, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2011

My company booked me in at a nearby INN... and as soon as I saw the room, I called the Super 8, which was the closest hotel!
DESIREE answered and was SO helpful!!! She booked my room ASAP and I walked over with all of my luggage!!!

I wanted to CRY when I saw my room because it was so nice & clean compared to the INN that I was at!!

Desiree was absolutely amazing and she made my stay an unforgettable one!
Oh and the free airport shuttle was a Godsend as well!! It saved me a $25 cab ride!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
workinggal2, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, March 26, 2011
Good morning,

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a comment and for personally calling me with the compliment for Miss Desiree. I am thrilled that your experience was a positive one and am very pleased to be able to show Desiree the impact that she made in your day and experience at the hotel. I look forward to you seeing you on your next visit to Grande Prairie!

Peace River, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2011

When we checked out of this hotel there was a $150 "smoking fee" tacked onto our room. The front desk said someone from the front desk walked by and could smell smoke from our room. Indeed they could the toaster from the kitchen emitted a foul smell whenever it was used. It was only after considerable arguement with the front desk and finally the manager coming to the room to see for herself what the problem was that they removed the $150 charge. I understand charging a fee when someone stays in a nonsmoking room, smokes and the room needs to be reconditioned. But to blatantly tack on the fee without checking the next morning to ensure smoking was the issue is plain extortion.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
workinggal2, General Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, March 7, 2011
Good morning,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize, that we had made an error on your invoice in regards to the smoking charge. The team of the Super 8, has been advised to ensure that all rooms are checked prior to posting any additional charges in regards to smoking fees. Thank you for bringing the situation to my attention personally.

Yours in hospitality,

Calgary
Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is a good hotel to stay at...we had a crew of 10 guys staying at this hotel for like two months in the summer time while we worked in Grande Prairie. The kitchenette rooms are great, breakfast was good, and overall everything was awesome. What more do you need then a great bed and clean towel after a 10-12 hour day. I would recommend this place to same if you are there for work room are big and not all jammed in a little square.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Trudy04, Manager at Super 8 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, November 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Super 8 Grande Prairie. Your positive comments on our hotel are appreciated and will be passed on to our staff. It is alway nice to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay, and the new, spacious kitchenette suites definitely are a huge hit! We look foward to serving you and your crew at the Super 8 Grande Prairie in the future as we hope you will stay with us again.
Pitt Meadows
Reviewed May 5, 2010

The staff were very friendly and accomodating to my needs. Outstanding Wireless service. The room was very clean and fresh. I will be back again!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Thank you, your kind comments are well received at the Super 8 Grande Prairie. We are glad your stay was a positive experience. We look foward to welcoming you back to the Super 8 Grande Prairie soon.