“Very Excellent, good people, good service.”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very good hospitality. Excellent service. Good stay. Would come at any time. Ladies at desk were friendly and were always there to help. Room was always clean. Had a long stay here and was happy with everything overall.

Room Tip: Upstairs in the 500's is the best rooms if you just need a single.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Stanford_Resorts, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to leave your review, Martin. Friendly, personalized service is one of the cornerstones of our business, and we are pleased that it helped make your stay a positive experience. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Grande Prairie.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Booked my night , drove 12 hrs to get there, through 2 snow storms, when I arrived they told me because I was late they gave my room away. Now 2 am and no place to stay. They never called to ask if I was coming and they were also given a PO number which pays for the room. I plan on spreading the word to stay far away from this place. Not professional at all.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank derrick1988

We are very concerned to hear about your experience at our hotel, Derrick. Our staff takes great pride in providing our guests with superior service and it’s clear that you did not receive it. We would appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel. Please contact our manager Jennifer at 780-539-5678 to work towards a resolution.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

In my travels for work I had the wonderful opportunity to stay at the Standford Hotel & Resort. I stayed apprx 7 weeks and only went home every other weekend for a day or two. My stay was wonderful !! the staff made me feel like I was at home ! i was always greeted with a good morning or good evening with smiles. everyone was so nice polite and caring. They were always ready to accommodate me !! it was a home away from home with a second family . Don t let the pictures fool you they are constantly upgrading and improving their hotel for their guests. Do not hesitate its a great place to stay ! for those of you wondering why "Red Carpet" you ll just have to go and stay a night and ask Kaila she ll be more then happy to fill you in :)

Room Tip: full kitchenette rooms have lots of room and fully stocked
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel L

Thanks for the kind words, Daniel. Our guests are like family to us, and we take pleasure in making them feel welcome and at home, whether it’s for one night or, in your case, several weeks. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Grande Prairie.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have stayed occasionally at the Stanford Inn over the past 20 years when in Grande Prairie. I will continue to stay thanks to Kaila at the front desk. I had a hit and run with a new truck in their parking lot and she was nice enough to get pictures of the other vehicle license plate and contact me so I could report it.
overall the rooms and staff are excellent and is a great place to stay.
Dean

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Dean H

Glad we could be of service, Dean. We hope to have you as a regular guest at our hotel for many more years to come.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Recently had an extended stay at the Stanford and have to disagree with some of the negative reviews. I've stayed in a lot of hotels throughout my career, many high end, some not so much. The Stanford provides a clean, comfortable stay with customer service you just can't beat. The rooms are large, well maintained and if something isn't working, maintenance looks after it right away. The cleaning staff are super friendly and always greeting you with a "hello".
The larger suites have a small kitchenette in them which is a great plus. The gym is actually quite nice compared to many, and has a new treadmill.

The internet can be unpredictable, but I was told recently that they are upgrading the service. If it is slow, it's only because there are a lot of room, and a lot of people using it.

I'd be remiss in not praising the comfort of the beds. OMG!!! They are amazing! And recently they've added all new pillows, super comfortable as well.

This is one very busy hotel as it also services a lot of the workers for the oil industry. Often the are filled to capacity which is a testament to their return customers.

Again, I have to praise the front staff. From management down, they are personable and always willing to do what they can to make your stay more comfortable.

The hotel location is fantastic, especially if you like to shop! There is quite literally, every big box store you can imagine all along this strip. If the weather is nice, it's just a walk across the street.

I would never hesitate to stay here again. Highly recommend that you do as well!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the inside court are great. Don't be thrown by the parking lot. This is a very...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gerard S
Stanford_Resorts, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Kevin,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback for our hotel! We always love to hear from our guests. We're so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and it's facilities, your room and bed, and found our staff helpful and friendly. We hope to see you on your next trip to Grande Prairie!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

It is strange to review a property in which I have stayed for over thirty years of travelling. Through the years of working in the north country, this is still my "go to home away from home". There have been many, many upgrades through that time and the city has reached out and surrounded what was once a property on the outskirts of the city.

Okay, this is not s swimming pool type of resort rather, this is property that is filled with seasoned travellers and oil patch workers. Don't let the presence of the latter be a deterrent. These hard working kids are in their rooms very early in the evening and it is not uncommon to look out the window at 4:00am to see the parking lot empty. My Acura always looks so small parked among the rig trucks but were it not for their vehicles, you would never know they were there!

There is a restaurant and lounge in this property, as well as a gym. Located on the western side of this bustling northern city, the Stanford is close to the airport, college, downtown and the diverse shopping area known as the "Power Centre". The B.C. communities of Dawson Creek and Fort St. John are a mere hour and a half and two hour drive respectively. They make for a great day of exploring and for the truly adventurous, there are also Tumbler Ridge and Chetwyn.
A great day of exploring and then back to the Stanford for a quick rest before dinner.

The rooms are clean, well appointed and all have sun blocking curtains, something required for the long hours of sunlight for which the Canadian North is known. With all amenities supplied, the only hard work a tried traveller is required to accomplish is settling down into one of their very comfortable beds and dreaming about tomorrow's calender!

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room. In the summer the sky is still light at 11:00 pm
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for two nights and I must say, that I have stayed in 5 stars that are not this nice. The rooms smell clean, the bedding is fresh and comfortable, the room amenity's were obviously well thought out. Your staff is courteous, helpful, and pleasure to deal with.

Management has done a nice job of taking an old hotel and remodeling it into an affordable and comfortable place to stay.

I travel frequently to Grande Prairie, this is a wonderful home away from home.

Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Stanford_Fernie, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, our staff, and our facilities. As a frequent visitor to Grande Prairie, we're very grateful you would consider our hotel your "home away from home". Hope to see you on your next trip to Grande Prairie