“Where the hell was the service?”

Stanford Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
A TripAdvisor Member
Saskatoon, SK
Reviewed February 2, 2004

My family and I came to visit some family in Grande Prairie, and we decided to stay at the Stanford Inn. I phoned ahead of time to see if there was room available and they said there was and I booked the room. They told me over the phone my check in time was 9 AM and I arrived in Grande Prairie at 10 AM to find that my reservation was no where to be found. After having a word with the managers at the hotel, they found my reservation and told me that my room would be ready in a half an hour. But, what ****** me off the most is that 30 minutes turned into 3 hours. I had to cart my lugguage around the city for 3 freakin' hours well the people at the hotel got there ***** in check. I refuse to ever stay there agian. The service I recieved was ridiculous. Good grief!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Stanford Inn & Suites

A TripAdvisor Member
Fort St. John, British Columbia
Reviewed May 8, 2003

When I called to reserve a room I was told there were none. I called back 2 days later to find that I was mis informed that they did have a room. I booked and reserved. We arrived at 9 am and was advised we could not have our room until 11 am. We called at 11 am and were told that the room was vacant but not cleaned yet. Try again at noon. We called again - still not clean up. Called again at 1 - checked in after 1 pm. We were up all night travelling, and had to "roam" Grand Prairie from 9 am to after 1 pm because we could not get our room. I am not happy about this. We stay there all the time when we visit GP and we will not be staying there anymore. Doreen Gwilt

13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
Paradise Inn & Conference Centre
Paradise Inn & Conference Centre
#16 of 24 in Grande Prairie

Been to Stanford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Stanford Inn & Suites

Address: 11401 100 Ave, Grande Prairie, Alberta T8V 5M6, Canada (Formerly Stanford Hotels and Resort)
Location: Canada > Alberta > Grande Prairie
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Airport Transportation
#6 Business Hotel in Grande Prairie
Price Range: $111 - $122 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Stanford Inn & Suites 2.5*
The Grande Prairie Stanford Hotel is one of Northern Alberta's largest full-service hotels. The hotel offers 205 rooms featuring full kitchen units, Jacuzzi suites as well as large executive suites. We are conveniently located just 3.2 kilometers form the airport in the center of the Westside shopping district. We proudly offer full-service dining, banquet and meeting rooms, complimentary high speed internet, sauna and fitness facility, guest laundry and free parking for vehicles of all sizes. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Stanford Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Stanford Hotel Grande Prairie