“Pricy but delicious”
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitty Corner to Staples
Description: opened jun 2010
Regina, Saskatchewan
“Pricy but delicious”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Food and service was great. For those plain eaters out there, this might not be the place for you. Steaks are delicious. Try the rib eye!

Visited April 2013
Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us, all the way from Regina!

We understand that some may find us pricey, but we do offer the freshest product that we can, everything is made from scratch, and cut fresh, which does take time, so hope that the cost of our services and food matches the experience that you receive.

“Disappointing”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went to this restaraunt shortly after it opened, and was disappointed with the lack of service and the wait time, it took 1 1/2 hours to get 2 rare steaks. We received a gift certificate from a friend for a gift and decided to try it again. The hostess was wonderful, and our waitress was nice, but the over all disorganization among the serving staff meant 2 out of 4 meals came out, my 3 year old liked his steak, but my halibut was bland and flavourless, by time the lobster made it to the table it was rubbery and tasted burnt. The restaraunt was kind enough to discount the lobster from the bill, which we were very great full for, but I don't think we will be visiting this establishment again in the future.

• Visited May 2013
Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for the review on TripAdvisor for Ric''s Grill Grande Prairie. Unfortunately, yes, you did not have the best experience that we had to offer (we remember your table), and we again are terribly sorry for the mix-up that occurred with your dinners. Please, we would love to discuss further with you if you would like, our email is grandeprairie@ricsgrill.com or please feel free to give us a call at the restaurant at 780-539-7422.

Ottawa, Canada
“Pricey, but worth a visit...”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently had dinner at Ric's in Grande Prairie with family. It was a celebration of sorts and I was told that Ric's was about as high-end as it gets in Grande Prairie (though I have to say in my view the Keg gives this restaurant a run for its money). My family and I all ordered a steak. Mine was cooked perfectly, but my son's disappointingly was not as rare as he would have liked (he ate it anyways as he was hungry). I have to say that my petite filet was excellent. The meat was tender and cut like butter. I was pretty impressed with the quality of the beef. It was pretty darn tasty. The sauce that came with it was a little bland and the vegetables weren't particularly exciting, but I've rarely found a steak restaurant that serves anything more than bland and unexciting when it comes to the vegetables. The twice baked potato was not bad. I confess, though, that I have had better (like at the Keg). The service was excellent, the wine and drinks list extensive and the bread was fresh. Would I go back? Maybe, but to be honest for the price I know I could have as good a meal (and good service) overall at the Keg (and probably could afford dessert and coffee to boot for the same price). Worth a visit...yes...but I'll let you be the judge of whether you would go back!

• Visited May 2013
Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you for your Review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your evening! I am sorry to hear that you do think it is too pricey, as we do only use the freshest ingredients and all recipes are made from scratch. If you would like to discuss your experience more, please feel free to call the restaurant. Myself or any manager would love to talk to you at 780-539-7422, or email us at grandeprairie@ricsgrill.com

Operating Partner
“Food similar to Joey tomatoes, just double the price”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spending approx $ 30 a plate, did not appreciate being rushed. Sat down, our jackets not yet off and waitress was asking our drink order, never even getting a chance to look at the drink menu. Appetizers came out approx 2 minutes prior to our main dish.We were in and out in 45 minutes. We spent $100.00. We had one glass of wine, one appy, and two mains.Not the right atmosphere, services, for the price. Food was decent.

• Visited April 2013
Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie, we rely and use such review sites as Trip Advisor to help use get a candid view of your experience here with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was rushed, as we are very much about our guests relaxing, and enjoying their experience. If you would like, we would love to hear more about your experience if you would like to call Emma at 780-539-7422, or email us at grandeprairie@ricsgrill.com

BC
“Great food, Great People!!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I go to this restaurant quite often, the management at this establishment look after the patrons well, they go out of their way to make sure all is well and the food presentation is well done and the taste is impeccable. they are not the cheapest but value for your dollar is well worth it. Their wine list is looong and have a great selection of red and white.

• Visited April 2013
Emma L, Owner at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the online review of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie. We always strive to offer our guests fantastic food and warm and friendly service, so it is greatly appreciated when we hear that we have met or exceeded our guests' expectations.

Thank you, from the Staff and Management of Ric's Grill Grande Prairie!