“Never Again!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ric's Grill - CLOSED

Ric's Grill
Cuisines: American, Canadian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kitty Corner to Staples
Description: opened jun 2010
“Never Again!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Made the mistake of giving them 1 more chance. Been there 3 times now and every time thought I'd never go again. Terrible service, servers had no idea about what was in or how meals were made. When arriving there was heavy metal music playing very loud in the kitchen until we asked them to turn it off. Asked 3 times for our bottle of wine. Then our meals.... Well I was not trying steak again with the bad experiences from before so I tried their pasta or should I say soup! Very bad and I even seen 2 other tables sending pastas back. Manager nor servers were sorry about our meals. So ya never again

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Magnolia, Texas
“Update to initial review by Ladybeaujolais - IT'S AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

We have been back to Ric's on a number of occasions since they first opened a year ago, in July 2010. Every teething problem they had have been totally worked out. The food is ALWAYS delicious and cooked perfectly. The service is, and was, top notch and extremely attentive. The lighting in the dining room has been addressed and is perfect. Even when the place is full a normal conversation level is all that is required. We always have a great experience when dining there. My initial fear that the novelty would wear off for locals has not been seen. If you want to eat there Thursday through the weekend you MUST make a reservation because this place is rocking. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank LadyBeaujolais
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant BY FAR in Grande Prairie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

I've been to Ric's Grill several times and have had a fabulous experience each time. The staff at the restaurant are extremely friendly and very knowledgable about the food and beverages. The wine selection is sophisticated and the cocktails are very fun. There is not much to say about the food other than it is AMAZING. I have yet to have a single bite of food that isn't completely satisfying. I recommend this restaurant to anyone and for any occasion!

1 Thank jmauri
“You MUST eat at Rics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

Had the best steak of my life at Ric's in GP this weeked... Great service and by far the best environment in the entire city. Why was Rics not here 10 years ago???? We will all be back in the future and you should to. By the way, the "wine wall" is AWESOME!!!!!

1 Thank posts154916
SunnyRics, Public Relations Manager at Ric's Grill, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thanks so much for your kind words. We hope to have your back again soon.

Dermot Shirley, Ric's Grill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in town, best selection of wine, great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2011

We try to go out for a decent dinner ever couple of weeks. Lately our choice has been Rics Grill. I am slowely making my way through the menu and so far it is all spectacular. All of the appys and salads are great and the steaks are to die for. It is one of the few restaurants that will actually cook a steak rare or blue rare. Usually the come closer to medium. My wife is not a real steak person so she has gone through many of the pasta and chicken dishes. She loves everything she has tried. We are originally from Vancouver and Calgary and Rics is the closest place in town to having a modern big city feel. And on top of that the servers are always very friendly. We like to take our time and make a night out of our meal. I never feel rushed or pushed to hurry through.

• 4 of 5 bubbles