“Room not cleaned between guests”

Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I checked in to the Pomeroy Hotel and Conference Center on July 15. I was told at the front desk that the AC was working now ( I would not have known it wasn't otherwise), upon entering my room I find a used and soiled hand towel bunched up on what appeared to be the clean towels on the towel rack. There was also a soap bar wrapper on the vanity and used bar of soap in the bottom of the sink.
The beds were made but i am unsure if the bedding has been changed since the previous guest.
I will note that this room I have is on the old unrenovated side of the hotel. Dirty windows, inside and out. I could go on and on.
I guess I am supposed to be happy that they have air conditioning.
I am not staying, I called Motel 6 , they said they'd leave a light on for me.

Stayed: July 2014
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are very concerned about your comments on your guest room as the cleanliness of our property has the highest priority, and we all apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can provide you with any additional information. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.

There are newer reviews for Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I've stayed in this hotel many times for work. What compelled me to write a review was their lack of A/C in the rooms, and their lack of handling the problem when informed of it.
I spoke with staff several times asking for at least an oscillating fan. A few times I was told that they'd check and call me back. No call back.
Finally an honest employee told me they simply do not have them.. :/
Needless to say they're dropping the ball. If this review helps at least one person find a hotel that can keep them from roasting all night, it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Dear Stephen,
Thank you very much for your review. Your feedback is a gift and it helps us in our efforts to improve on our customer service. We are very concerned about your comments regarding the malfunctioning of the air condition and the way we addressed the issue and we all like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. The hotel has taken steps and we are glad to say that the problems have been solved and the air condition is working properly again. We hope to welcome you again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The rooms are fairly nice. Just no air conditioning. When I called the front desk I was told me to turn the fan to low and thermostat to 15 and give it 25 mins. Well needless to say it stayed hot the whole time and then I mentioned it again and they mentioned maybe the fan at medium! Maybe just put actual air conditioners into each room. Other people had doors open if there was more than one per room due to the heat. The tubs are so short that I recommend showering only which is too bad but works. The rest is nice but the AC is why I would NEVER personally book there when I know that other hotels have working AC.

Room Tip: If you are a lady traveling on business then the ladies floor is great but no AC again. There are ot...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy G
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Tammy,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback, it is very valuable to us in order to overcome our shortcomings and provide better service to all of our customers. It is great to hear that you have been able to find value in most of our services. Our maintenance team has addressed your comments regarding the malfunctioning of the air condition and we all apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel if I can provide you with any additional information. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

When you first walk into this hotel the lobby and ballrooms are newly renovated, too bad you couldn't say the same for the rooms. Then hallways had new rugs and the walls didn't look too bad. The rooms had new flooring but the furniture must be 35 years old and rooms looked very dated. Stayed on the second floor view of the roof with all the air conditioning units. Room was very noisy due to the AC units on the roof rumbling all night.
With so many newer hotels in town this wouldn't be my first choice (prices weren't any better either) Only stayed here because of events in the ballrooms

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Alan,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback, it is very valuable to us in order to overcome our shortcomings and provide better service to all of our customers. We are glad to hear that you like the design and décor of our lobby, restaurants and banquet rooms.
There are 2 towers in the hotel and yes, one has been newly renovated which reflects our pictures online. We would love to have you back to try out a newly renovated room as they are spectacular and match the beautiful lobby renovations. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I recently stayed at the PHCC during my first visit to Grande Prairie. I did not know much about GP, and my accommodation expectations were a bit on the low side. Well, the PHCC caught me completely off guard - it was great!

Check-in was fast and easy, nothing to report there.

My suite was on the 5th floor and was very roomy and bright. I travel a lot on business and my room at PHCC was really as nice and well appointed as most of the 5 star hotels that I stay in. The living area and couch was comfortable and relaxing, the bed was large and freshly made and the bathroom was modern and well planned with a tub and a shower. The only changes would make would be to raise the shower head and the mirror - they both seemed low to me.

Perhaps my nicest surprise was the restaurant. It is very contemporary and the menu is modern and sophisticated. A far cry from the cheeseburgers and dry ribs that I was expecting. I had the halibut and it was cooked perfectly (a difficult task). My colleague had the duck and it was also expertly done.

I very highly recommend the PHCC to anyone lucky enough to spend time in GP!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us, and we all certainly appreciate your kind words and your recommendation of our facility. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Grande Prairie and the hotel for your future visits.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff were very friendly and the renovations that have been made were very well done. The bed was very comfortable. I have Telus tv so it was all good but it would be nice if they subscribed to a few movie channels. Unfortunately my room was very warm and the thermostat wasn't working. I called about it the first night and tried what I was told to do without success. In the morning I went down to the front desk and told them about the problem and they said they would send someone to look at it. When I got back there was no change and there was a shift change so no one knew about my issue. Two sleepless nights was enough for me. I won't go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Trent,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback, it is very valuable to us in order to overcome our shortcomings and provide better service to all of our customers. It is great to hear that you have been able to find value in most of our services but we are very concerned about your comments regarding your sleepless nights due to the room temperature. Our maintenance team has addressed this issue and we all apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I was here for two nights for work travel and really liked this place and enjoyed my stay. Check in was smooth, super friendly, warm welcoming staff. Room was great, bed was awesome. Nice size TV but a little complicated to figure out - an easy improvement would be to put the directions right beside the remote and bed (I didn't see the instructions until the next day after I had given up trying to figure it out.)
Gym was nice, much better than the Pollodans! I will stay here over the Polladan because of gym. One improvement / suggestion is to have water in the gym. They have a water cooler but no water which sucks if you're in the middle of a workout and run out. Also...the TV again, I don't use the TV. - I don't use it when working out but there was another guest there when I arrived and they asked if I knew how to use it. The cable boxes attached to the TV were just hanging from it - again just a minor suggestion / observation, this is a nice hotel why wouldn't you mount the cable boxes properly and include instructions? Everywhere else in the hotel is well taken care and attention paid to even the smallest detail but water and TV in the gym overlooked.
I also like the location better than Pollodan - you are closer to shops, restaurants etc at the Pomeroy.
RESTAURANT: I just tried the restaurant once for breakfast and it was great. I have allergies and the accommodated my requests no problem. They even delivered my breakfast to the business centre as I had to wrap up some last minute work tasks.
BUSINESS CENTRE: nice spacious space with three computers. A nice option if you have work to do and don't want to be in your room. They have a printer too but it wasn't working when I was there - the front desk staff were more than happy to help and printed what I needed.
Overall the Pomeroy is a great home away from home. All the important amenities and excellent service.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank KranFam

Dear Nene,
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your stay. We are delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with such a memorable experience. We are very proud of the extensive renovations that have been completed including our new guest and banquet rooms, 'The Office' Restaurant and Grande Prairie's only all-women's floor. We are looking forward to your return!