“Decent for the area”

Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Toad River, Canada
“Decent for the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in December and will say that this hotel is pretty nice, very luxurious looking. I liked the lounge/bar, it provided a nice atmosphere to eat in.

For the price though (179/night) I would have expected a suite style room, in reality we got an averaged size motel room, not the suite size that I expect from Pomeroy when I stay in Fort St. John. Was disappointed in that regard but the room was beautiful and modern, and the beds were extremely comfortable.

Would stay here again, but would expect a suite size room for the price and the Pomeroy name.

Stayed December 2013
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dave,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your last stay with us here at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre in Grande Prairie.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the nice atmosphere in our hotel. We are happy that you found the beds very comfortable.

I'm sorry that we didn't meet your expectations regarding the room size. Our hotel offers several room categories and we do have larger suites available like our Executive Jacuzzi Suites or King Studios with kitchens.

Thank you again for your time and feedback, and we hope to welcome you again next time you come to Grande Prairie.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The Pomeroy Hotel was a warm and welcoming place to stay on an extremely cold night in early December 2013. The room on the 5th floor was spacious and clean. The king sized bed was comfortable and the bathroom was spotless - and the deep bathtub afforded me luxurious bath (I'm usually a shower guy). The Office restaurant breakfast of granola, fruit and yogurt was a nice alternative. Thanks to the helpful and courteous front desk staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Joe,
Great to hear that you find value in the quality and comfort of our guest rooms. We take pride in the level of our customer service and we are delighted our service lived up to your expectations. We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.
Peace River, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at the Pomeroy Hotel on the Women's Floor in Nov., 2013. The hotel was extremely clean & well kept. The hotel is next door to the mall, and at the intersction of two main arteries in the city, which is very convenient.
My room was fantastic & included a deep soaker tub, a robe, slippers, a mini fridge, a microwave, a Keurig machine with Starbucks coffee, Telus TV & a huge, comfortable bed with a fluffy, warm duvet.
The Women's Floor was the quietest hotel floor I have ever stayed on. I felt safe & secure, as I had to have a special card to get to the floor.
The Women's Lounge on the Women's Floor was amazing, and the private women's workout room had all of the equipment I would need, including weights. I was happy to find a fridge in the lounge with cold juice, sparkling water, cheese, snacks, nuts, chocolates, granola bars & fruit to choose from. In the morning, there was a fresh fruit tray available.
The restaurant on the main floor had delicious food & the wait staff was extrememly friendly. I hope that the next time I stay here, they have beer on tap. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Carol,
Thank you for your kind words, we are delighted that you enjoyed our renovated facility and the women's only floor. Looking forward to serving you again in the future!
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

If you are a woman travelling for business this hotel is ideal. The staff are all friendly and accommodating.

the womens floor has 24/7 access to the lounge and fitness room. The lounge has fruit, snacks, pop, water pretty much anything you can think of to snack on. I will be returning in December for sure !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback. Very happy to hear that you had such a pleasant experience and were able to take advantage of the Women's Only floor. Glad that you were able to find value in all aspects of the hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the future.
Richmond, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over the years for business and personal. I have to say that the recent renovations to the Pomeroy Hotel in Grande Prairie are fantastic. The rooms are beautiful and clean as are the hallways and the lobby. The bar area renovations are also first class. All of the staff I came across at this hotel were attentive and very helpful. New management has also made changes to menu offered in the dining area. I had 3 meals. The presentation, the service and the quality of the food were all terrific. Highly recommended. Jeff.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jeff, thank you for your kind words. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We hope to see you soon again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre.
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I often stay in Grande Prairie for business. Being a female traveller it is hard to find somewhere that I am comfortable staying in, that is close to amenities and has options for dining and a nice gym. When I heard this hotel has a women's only floor I was pleasantly surprised however, I must say that my many times to Grande Prairie it never occurred to me to stay there as it is slightly stark looking from the outside. I thought I may as well give it a try with the amount of travel I do up north it couldn't hurt. WOW, upon walking in the front doors I was completely shocked to find a brand new looking interior with white and crystal decor, very surprising for Grande Prairie! it is beautiful inside, with 2 restaurants ( a higher end restaurant and a pub), there is a pool and an internet/computer station which I found very useful. The women's only floor is around $200 a night but VERY worth it and not much more then it costs for a standard room any where else in GP. The women's only floor requires card access so I felt piece of mind knowing it would only be fellow females on my floor. There is also a wonderful lounge on the floor which has snacks and a fully stocked fridge :) Very nice, non-alcoholic of course ;) Connected to the women's lounge is the workout room which is so nice to not share with boys.

Overall I just wanted to say it was very enjoyable! More women should know about this in GP!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your great review, my team and I are delighted that you were able to find great value and comfort in our newly renovated facility. Our exclusive Women's Only Floor is very popular and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience it first- hand. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I reserved here (rather last minute) on the recommendation of a colleague. The front desk staff were great about book the date, and offered me a spot on the Women's Only floor when I asked for the government rate. The building is easy to find, and fairly close to the highway. Check-in was a breeze. The Women's Only floor has secure access, which is nice. A beautiful room with high quality linens, a nice king size bed, lots of pillow, etc. There's a lounge on the floor with free Keurig, snack, pop, juice, water, etc. Also, a women's only work out space.

I went to bed last night thoroughly pleased with the experience, but this morning was a little less pleased when I was trying to get ready. The bathroom is the only disappointment of my stay - the water in the shower gets warm not hot, they give shampoo but no conditioner, two "body bars" that say Do Not Use on Face and nothing that says you can put it on your face other than makeup remover pads, the door is in a awkward spot and doesn't open fully, the counter is small and inconvenient for getting ready at, the plug-in is behind the sink making it so cords hang into the sink while getting ready, and the lighting is extremely dim. None of these are things that would mean I wouldn't stay here again, but are relevant for travellers looking to stay, as you do need to bring your own products which is unusual.

Overall, a great stay. The bathroom flaws aren't the end of the world, and I would definitely stay again. It was priced right with the GOA rates, making it an even better pick!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Peter W, General Manager at Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review, my team and I are delighted that you were able to find great value and comfort in our newly renovated facility. Our exclusive Ladies Only Floor is very popular and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience it first- hand.
We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced with the lack of hot water and the mix-up with the amenities. We have since fixed the hot water issue and it is our standard that we have both, facial and body bar as well as a shampoo and conditioner from the Aveda line. We appreciate your comments on the arrangement of the bathroom and explore possible solutions.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Centre in Grande Prairie.