“Cam H” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Calgary
“Cam H”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Over all very Poor hotel. Bed was so old can't even sleep on it. We can even hear they were flushing the toilet next room very poor insulation. can hear the door was slamming 4:00am in the morning. Will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cam H
Saskatoon_Inn, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Cam H,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay at the Quality Hotel Grande Prairie. Please accept our most sincere apologies that we did not leave you with a positive experience and I assure you this is not the norm. It is valuable to receive feedback from our guests so that we have the opportunity to improve. We have replaced many of our mattresses with new comfortable pillow top to provide that restful sleep. We will continue to ensure that we maintain this program and certainly hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the near future in an effort to redeem ourselves.

Yours in Hospitality,

Paul Harrigan
Quality Hotel and Conference Centre
Grande Prairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Not overly impressed with anything at this hotel. Yes, it's close to the airport, but this is Grande Prairie. Most things are close regardless of where you are!

Front desk....poor first impression. Lobby smells of cigarette smoke. Rooms have not been updated in what seems a lifetime (who still has tube TV's?). Obnoxious fan noise from the room heater. Room service....food was cold. Didn't come as ordered (as it would even say on the menu). Still charged the same price. Had to come back up twice (would have been a third time but figured I had enough).

As long as the Patch remains strong there will be a demand for rooms in this hotel. Unfortunately, this place could be so much better. It starts with service and value; none of which exist here.

Look elsewhere....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

I love dealing with this hotel. The staff are all very friendly and are very accomodating to my needs. The sales and catering consultant Lisa is a joy to converse with and has the best customer service skills.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

I work in a Choice Hotel, so I was staying on a staff rate. I am very paranoid about cleanliness, so the first thing I did was rip the bed apart. Everything was neat and clean! We were on the 8th floor and had an incredible view, granted it was of the industraial park, but a great view none the less. The room was very clean, which was a huge surprise considering all of the negative comments for this specific hotel. I cant say things have been modernized, but I am old fashioned and am glad that this hotel does not throw away their furnishings just because they don't "look pretty". These furnishings still work well, why not continue to use them and save a bit of money for upgrades in the future. The staff were well dressed, polite and professional. The lobby is spacious and well lit. My children particularly enjoyed the treasure chest, that is a very special touch! The layout of the restaraunt makes it seem very warm and welcoming, very family oriented. The staff in the restaraunt were super friendly, and of course, excellent service. Overall, despite the nasty comments this hotel has received, I truly wonder if some people are just looking for free stuff, or just like to complain! My advice to you: If there's something wrong with your room in any way, call the front desk to deal with it immediately instead of waiting until you check out. The staff cant fix something they don't know about. Amazingly enough, the wireless internet was exceptional. I was very pleasantly surprised. I didn't have any housekeeping done, but I did see them on the floors and they were very kind and friendly. Overall, I'd give this hotel a 10 out of 10!! Great job, and thank you all again!

Room Tip: If something is wrong in your room,(smells funny, something broken or missing,etc), call the front d...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Don't stay in ROOM 611 !!!! the beds are terrible. Maybe some rooms are good in the hotel, but heck ...I'm just a worker,stick me in the crappy room. The price online is false as well cause I was quoted a price with corporate rate and my receipt was completely different from what the my credit card statement said ...131.00 $ and I left the room better then when I arrived in. Trust me people please !! you wont be satisfied with Quality Hotel in Grande Prairie AB

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had an unexpected 2 day stay in Grande Prairie due to my vehicle being late from shipment. My room was very clean, cozy, and quiet. They gave me a good rate which included a very tasty hot breakfast. I enjoyed it very much. The staff at the front desk went out of their way to help me with a ride to the airport (complimentary) to retrieve my lost baggage, then the following day battled an endless phone call with the car company in hunt for my delayed vehicle. My special thanks goes to Lisa O'Brien who bent over backwards to help me and my son out in this horrible situation at the time. Truly nice and helpful people. I received courtesy and respect during my stay here and would highly recommend this place to anyone. Its an especially nice location in relation to the airport, shopping, and food nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Calgary
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Windows don't open, so you can't get any fresh air, which would be VERY helpful in this place.
The air conditioner looks very old and is very likely full of dust and mold. I woke up with a sore throat, which I suspect was from the air conditioner. If I could have opened the window I would not have had to turn it on.

I was apparently put into one of the upgraded rooms. It looked like I was back in the late '60's, with the old style laminate countertops and wall paper. I was in a "kitchenette suite" but it was more like an army barracks.

Wireless internet is very weak. It may work in your room for a while, but you never know for how long.

For the same price you can stay at much nicer, newer places in Grand Prairie.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business