“Go elsewhere”

Paradise Inn & Conference Centre
Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Windows don't open, so you can't get any fresh air, which would be VERY helpful in this place.
The air conditioner looks very old and is very likely full of dust and mold. I woke up with a sore throat, which I suspect was from the air conditioner. If I could have opened the window I would not have had to turn it on.

I was apparently put into one of the upgraded rooms. It looked like I was back in the late '60's, with the old style laminate countertops and wall paper. I was in a "kitchenette suite" but it was more like an army barracks.

Wireless internet is very weak. It may work in your room for a while, but you never know for how long.

For the same price you can stay at much nicer, newer places in Grand Prairie.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Paradise Inn & Conference Centre

Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

The service from the staff was just OK, until i checked out, the old man that was at the front desk was a bit dude, i stood in front of him for a couple minutes before he payed attention to me. I said hi, im checking out. He looked at me and said "from???" with a look that says dont bother me. It took about 20 minutes to check the room for me to get my safety deposit back. Plus not that i care but he had his dog with him! Behind the counter! With some dog toys laying arround! I dont know but...
As far as the room, the air conditionning wasent working for 3 days i was there. It was awfully hot in there. Guests would leave there door open to have air circulating. I started doing the same thing! Me and my friend were watching tv, in the bed, with the door opened! Ridiculous. There was no water pressure in the morning, and hot water was definetly lower. The sink was half blocked and so was the drain in the bath thub. The toilet didnt flush well...... Needless to say its my last time there!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Wanderlustquebecgirl
Reviewed May 24, 2012

Thank you to Lisa O'Brien, Chef C. Hangst, Harvey and his banquet staff and all the other staff who helped make our wedding reception PERFECT and memorable. Many of our guests commented that they were treated so well and that the staff were very professional, and of course, the food was absolutely delicious! The main comment about the food was that the meat was cooked perfectly! The banquet room was clean as well as the bathrooms, the concourse, the bar - it was all perfect. Thank you, thank you and thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2012

If the completely dated building exterior wasn't enough to raise question then let me tell you the rooms are no better. To top it off paper thin walls will insure you hear every movement of your neighbour. I can't believe I payed $130 to stay here. Time to put a little money back into this dump.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank A P
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Just a terrible hotel. Could have overlooked the aged hotel that has never had any upgrades or renovations if it wasnt for the worlds filthiest carpet in the rooms and halls, the rooms overcrowded with crappy furniture, the dusty rooms that have never seen the light of day, and paper thin walls. To top it off the hotel is frequented by out of town rig pig workers (most of whom are decent men) but some of whom, are on their 'days off away from camp' and decide to have a drinking party with 8 people in their room till 4 am, throwing furniture and smashing bottles, despite frequent visits from the security guard asking them to quiet down. Oh and the guy next door who decided to treat me to the privilege of listening to his half hour with a prostitute. The hotel reception staff was over the top rude, refused to change me rooms despite several noise complaints about the drinking party next door, which never did quiet down from the security guards request.
Anyhow, RUN dont walk away from this ghetto fabulous hotel. there are plenty of other nicer hotels in GP within the same price range.
And no, I'm not a travel snob or complainer by any means, Ive travelled to some less than desirable places with rugged accommodations, but truly this hotel is the worst. I cant believe my work booked me here. Its disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else. There are no good rooms in this hell hole.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lucie m
Number27SB, General Manager at Paradise Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

We would like to thank you for sharing your response with our Trip Advisor reviewers. We appreciate your input as it affords us the opportunity to improve our service and product.

We provide nightly security to ensure these type of issues do not occure at our property. We are reviewing our policies with all of our staff members to ensure quality of service and that these type of issue do not occure again. As hoteliers we take pride in the service we provide to all our valued guests, and please rest assured that this is not the norm for our hotel.

If I can be of any further assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact myself directly at the hotel.

Many Thanks,

Walter Bradley

Reviewed February 29, 2012

My Company booked this room for me the location was good close to shopping malls. It was ok for me. as all I needed was a place to stay before catching a company ride to my next posting. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean. The hotel shows its age and is in need of a renovation.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Number27SB, Manager at Paradise Inn & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

We would like to thank you for sharing your comments with our TripAdvisor visitors.

We were very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guest are pleased with our services and facility as it is what we strive for everyday. We are truly focused on providing magical customer experiences.

Walter Bradley

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Went to stay at this hotel because I was passing through grande prairie, arrived at midnight an approached is ignorant on duty clerk, asked about a room, he said yea we have rooms available do you have ID I handed my ID to the clerk and he responded " I cannot rent you a room because you have a grande prairie address" I moved to Edmonton a few months ago and never changed my ID yet I replied, he then responded nothing I can do for you in a snotty tone. Why is it that a paying client that wants to catch a few hrs sleep before he travels 10 more hours north gets refused? Don't worry I invested the extra 20 bucks and stayed at the holiday inn.

• Stayed: February 2012

We appreciate your input as it affords us the opportunity of where we can do better. We pride ourselves on service levels which are our primary concern.

Thank you again for sharing this and providing us the opportunity to improve. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Walter D.Bradley