“Great food but expensive and small meals”
Review of Hong Fah

Hong Fah
Ranked #19 of 199 Restaurants in Grande Prairie
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We go here often great pad Thai and wonton soup. Very expensive and it's never ever speedy. Good food though but should be larger portions for what you pay for

1  Thank Hului

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Visited Hong Fah to try something different because it was recommended by a coworker. The food was refreshing and different from chain restaurants. I had seen complaints/reviews saying the food was overpriced. The price was a bit higher but the food was portioned to the cost, in my opinion. Food quality was good and was very appetizing. I had ordered hot and it was pretty spicy for someone who enjoys a medium spice. If you do not like spicy food, I would not recommend going for their "hot" spice level.

We were seated by the window and it was kind of drafty and cold. Once the server turned up the heat it was a bit more bearable. Found the service to be a bit slow when we arrived. There weren't many tables full when we arrived - slightly before regular dinner time. But there was only one server and it took a bit to get our drinks and food ordered (you had to order both at the same time). Once people started coming in the service remained the same and there was only one person taking orders. Food took around an hour to get. I did keep in mind that they state the food is made to order and takes a little longer to make. Since there werent many tables when we arrived, I still feel it took a little too long for our food.

I would return for the food but not if I was in a rush for other evening plans. A unique flavour to expand beyond the "same old" menu.

1  Thank Modare
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A very good Vietnamese Restaurant. Service is very good although a bit of a wait but well worth it. For those who do not like spice I found the medium a little hot even for my like so tread carefully. The proprietor is an absolute doll and really goes out of her way to make you feel warmly welcome. Will definitely be going back soon!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Awesome meal! I have not been to Grande Prairie in a couple months and last time I left disappointed because of the weird hours. But I tried again and we were able to get in and have an awesome meal. I cant wait to eat there again!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I ate at Hong Fah both times I was in Grande Prairie in the past two months. The food available here rivals any Thai restaurant I have ever visited. It is a small operation with only 10-12 tables, and I hope it stays that way. Sometimes when these places expand, they sacrifice quality.

I had the Thai Green Curry with chicken both times. The first time, my colleague requested mild. It was still a little hot for him. By myself the second time, I took it up to medium. It was a really nice kind of hot, and the flavour was rich and full. It goes really nicely on coconut rice.

The Pad Thai was good, and the mild version should be OK for those that don't like their food too spicy. I would definitely take it up to medium or even hot next time I try it.