“warm, friendly and exceptionally clean”

Days Inn Grande Prairie
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Victoria
“warm, friendly and exceptionally clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

My sister and I stayed a night while travelling at your Inn and we were very pleased with our room, your staff's service, our delicious breakfast and clean comfy room! We will recommend your hotel to all of our friends and family. Thank you for making our night away from home so comfortable. "Sisters on the road" D&S

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Angela H, Manager at Days Inn Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am so delighted to read that we succeeded in exceeding your expectations. Your kind comments regarding our hotel amenities and your appraisal of the team are highly appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you and your sister back, hopefully in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Peace River, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I used to stay at Days Inn Grande Prairie. It was a gem when I first found it a couple years ago. I gushed about it in a review I wrote November 2011 but after my last two stays, I'll never stay there again. The last two times my son and I stayed there, I borrowed some of the complimentary vidoes but they were too scratched and didn't work. The hotel was not built well and shows signs of cracking and shifting. One of the last few times I stayed there, it smelt like someone in a near by room was smoking pot. When I stayed there the last time, there was a water break in the lobby and water gushed from several places in the ceiling yet nothing was done to mitigate the water damage. (Which makes me question overall maintenance of the building and whether there is the presence of mould) I moved contents in the lobby out of harms way and the front desk clerk seemed oblivious to the severity of the situation. I even got towels to dry the coffee tables, etc off to try to keep them from getting further water damaged. My son and I didn't sleep well as we could hear our noisy neighbours and I forgot to bring our own pillows so we did not have a comfortable sleep with the pillows provided. The cleanliness of the rooms decreased. What I liked about the hotel initially is now either lacking or is gone. The experience no longer justifies the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Angela H, Manager at Days Inn Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We would like to apologize for not upholding the level of hospitality that was expected. We understand that your experience was not in keeping with our standards for service and we have used your review to help evaluate and improve within each department. The incidences you found with the DVDs, smoking smell and room clearness are very unfortunate and we want to assure you that specific action was taken to improve practices within all department including maintenance issues. And West side of building's renovation is scheduled in this summer. Again, we apologize for your disheartening stay at the hotel, however, we value your feedback and thank you for choosing us.