“A very good Hotel to stay at. i would have no hestitation...”

Days Inn Grande Prairie
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed at the Days Inn for a few days during a business trip, primarily because I wanted to get the Wyndham Rewards points. I got a room right next to the elevator, and after unpacking everything, I discovered that my phone didn’t work! They sent Maintenance Mike up there with a new phone and no luck. I had to switch rooms, but liked my second room better. However, on the first day, the receptacles kept shorting out and the microwave and fridge had to be plugged into the bathroom until Maintenance Mike switched the breakers back on. I think this hotel was built in a week. The doors and floors were at an angle in some places, and there were large gaps in the backsplash tiles in the bathroom. Don’t hire this contractor to do any work in your house! Anyway, my stay was pretty good regardless. The fridge was a good size and it even had a drawer to put fruit in. The bed was very comfortable, but the pillows are stuffed so big, they hurt my neck, so I stopped using them. The room had a pull-out desk and the window let in lots of light. The bathtub was jetted, but I never used the jets. Water went everywhere from the shower because the shower curtain only covered two-thirds of the tub. The TV was a nice size flat screen and they even had a selection of DVDs at the front to rent for free! There was a fitness room with about 5 pieces of equipment, and a games room on the second floor that I never actually saw or used. People say this hotel is hard to find, but if you are heading north on the main road leaving Grande Prairie, turn left at the last night before you hit Highway 43, then turn right and follow the curvy road. At night, the whole hotel is lit up with blue “Christmas” lights, so it is easy to find. It feels pretty far from everything (except Subway was next door), but really only a 10 to 15 minute drive to the centre of the city. The staff were really friendly, and the dark-haired woman at the front desk was so nice and so beautiful. Breakfast was decent and had a selection of cereal, baked goods, fruit, yogurt, crappy tasteless bacon, dull “egg-mcmuffin” style eggs, and they had a waffle maker. The Asian guy working during the breakfast was always working hard stocking everything. There were so many oil field workers when I was there and hardly any females, except staff. Overall, I had a very quiet pleasant comfortable stay there.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room by the elevator (ending in number 15 I think).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Angela H, Manager at Days Inn Grande Prairie, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Days Inn Grande Prairie. I have shared this beautiful review with entire staff, all of them happy to know that you had a comfortable stay with us. We would like to apologize for the negative issues that you experienced during your stay such as maintenance problem, bed,bath room things. We have upgraded our break fast service and fitness equipment. We take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. Your feedback will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. Thank you again for sharing this with us.
Yellowknife
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a trip to BC and then on our way back. The hotel is new, fresh, clean. The rooms are modern with great beds and are very nicely appointed. Even though the hotel is just off the main highway, the rooms are quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was very nice. 10 min drive to downtown, grocery stores, mall and the restaurants. We have stayed in other hotels in GP over the years but this hotel is by far the best way have stayed in. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Angela H, Manager at Days Inn Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review of the time you have spent with us at Days Inn Grande Prairie. Providing the very best in service is important to everyone here and I will be sure to share your review with everyone. Considering your visit to be, as you put it, the best you have ever experienced is truly an honor. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.
Fort St John
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went to this hotel with 15 familys for a sports tournament. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were great for what we were looking for. There is a games room that kids can play in until 10pm with air hockey, foose ball ect. After the room was closed to the kids all of us parents had a place to go and socialize. I thought the price of this hotel was very comparable and the breakfast was more than I had imagined it would be. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Angela H, Manager at Days Inn Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us about your recent stay at Days Inn Grande Prairie. It is always a great pleasure to receive such highly positive feedback, have shared it with all staff, they are glad to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Thank you for appreciating the hotel and its facilities like the rooms, game room and the breakfast. Thank you again for the review, hope you had a great sports trip in Grande Prairie. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grande Prairie
Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie
Stonebridge Hotel Grande Prairie
#6 of 24 in Grande Prairie
Ramada Clairmont/Grande Prairie

Been to Days Inn Grande Prairie? Share your experiences!