“Sports Trip”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Fort St John
“Sports Trip”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We went to this hotel with 15 familys for a sports tournament. Check in was a breeze and the rooms were great for what we were looking for. There is a games room that kids can play in until 10pm with air hockey, foose ball ect. After the room was closed to the kids all of us parents had a place to go and socialize. I thought the price of this hotel was very comparable and the breakfast was more than I had imagined it would be. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Angela H, Manager at Days Inn Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Thank you for reviewing us about your recent stay at Days Inn Grande Prairie. It is always a great pleasure to receive such highly positive feedback, have shared it with all staff, they are glad to know that you had a very pleasant stay with us. Thank you for appreciating the hotel and its facilities like the rooms, game room and the breakfast. Thank you again for the review, hope you had a great sports trip in Grande Prairie. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

My friend booked this hotel for one night for us while we were in town for a conference. We previously stayed at The Holiday Inn right on town. We stayed at The Days Inn because the price was better.

First impression: really nice guy at the front desk. Super friendly and really cute :)

Room: two doubles...or maybe they're queens...
Anyway, the beds are soft but firm. I love my brand new bed at home and this bed was nice. Rooms seem quiet. We got in late and the first thing we heard in the morning was house keeping. They weren't too loud but as they went in and out of the room they were letting the doors bounce/slam on the security bolt. If I was trying to sleep that might be a pain but I'm writing this review so it's not too bad.
I didn't use the shower but the pipes are noisy! They crack and pop the whole time the water was running. Water pressure was ok (not as good as home) and nice and hot...according to one of my roomies.
The only thing left to try is the continental breakfast. I've heard from my friend that its really good. Stay tuned!
Would I stay here again? Yes. But only if house keeping would stop letting the doors slam against the security bolt!

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. As a result of your feedback, we have strongly implemented the following policy that all room attendants pay careful attention to guests' comfort and service during their job. These such reviews are always a high motivation to improve our service. Thank again for choosing and highly recommending Days Inn Grande Prairie. We look forward to welcoming you again at Days Inn Grande Prairie.
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We arrived in GP pretty late and just wanted to find a place to sleep. Always top on our priority is cleanliness and then price. Overall this place was clean, with a little more attention I think I would have given the Days Inn Grande Prairie and above average rating. potential With small children they will find anything in the room, so I always have to look behind furniture and under beds for potential hazards (including dust bunnies). A nice amenity is that they offer free movies (library in the lobby), so we were able to pick up some popcorn and have a nice relaxing movie night in our room. With two young children it was easy to set up the bed so that we could push it up against the wall - at least one of them wouldn't fall out! LOL!! Beds were comfy and plenty of room for the 4 of us. The complimentary breakfast was great - many items to choose from. Fruit, yogurt, toast, pastries, waffles, eggs, french toast, bacon, cereal, juices, coffee, tea, hot chocolate... The breakfast area (Daybreak Cafe) is VERY clean! We will definitely be staying here again. And it is so quiet - great sleep!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family