“Clean and Warm- what more do you need?”

Motel 6 Grande Prairie
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean and Warm- what more do you need?”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stayed here for business, and found it clean and comfortable. Cheaper than other GP options, and only a few minutes from downtown. The rooms are no-frills, but that is as advertised. There are no coffee makers or irons in the rooms, although you can borrow these at the front desk. I was really impressed with how clean the rooms were. There was a small fridge and microwave in the room.
There are lots of spots to plug in your car out front. Free coffee in the lobby in the morning!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at our Motel for your business trip. We believe feedback is a gift and take it very seriously. I am glad that you were satisfied with the “No-frills” of our hotel. We are and economical hotel and do try and compensate by having some amenities available at the desk. We strive daily to provide exceptional customer service and clean rooms and are pleased that your expectations were met! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit..
Take care,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Northern Alberta
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Treated more than fairly by this motel, recently. In GP, for medical travel, I was very grateful for the service provided by the staff at this motel. Upon arrival, I was offered my choice of floors to stay on. The room was simple and clean. Staff were very considerate of my late (and unexpected) checkout. No complaints.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share about your most recent visit to Grande Prairie, for medical. I am pleased to see that you were treated more than fairly by all of our team members. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and are grateful to see your expectations were met! We look forward to seeing you for your next visit.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Motel 6 at the north end of Grande Prairie near the Hiway bypass road on January 19th. We stayed on the second floor facing north. Our room had a combination airconditioner/heat unit, as did all the rooms. Unfortunately one of the rooms nearby had their noisy unit on all night, and the noisy kept us from sleeping. We even tried to keep our unit on fan only but it was not noisy enough to keep the other uneven noise from bothering us. Both my wife and I only got a couple hours of sleep at the most. We now see why the price was very reasonable. In the morning we checked out there was 2 other young men who stay there a lot, and they were complaining of the noise as well. Another complaint was the noise from other rooms next to ours as there is no soundproofing at all in the walls between rooms and we could hear toilet activities, coughing etc from the other guests. This hotel is only 4 years old so the bed and room were in good shape and clean. The staff were friendly and tried to be helpful, and maybe the management, have no authority to compensate customers, as we only got $5 off our room price as compensation for no sleep. If you have to stay at this Hotel ask for the top floor room facing south to the city as the noise from trucks using the hiway and the train noises were also pretty loud. I doubt that we will ever stay at this hotel again.
Harvey M.

Room Tip: Top floor facing south, and not next to a family room as only a door between and no soundproofing.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank HarveyMarshall
Dear Harvey M,
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns with your stay. We believe that feedback is a gift and take it very seriously. I am sorry to read that your stay wasn’t pleasant. I will be sure to let maintenance know that the air-conditioner/heat unit in the room next to yours was making noise that disturbed your sleep. Sometimes when the building shifts the bathroom fans also go out of line and cause a vibration in the room, I will ensure this was also not the case. For a more comfortable stay next time may I offer that you request a room on our fourth floor on the west end the building; this part of our hotel is the one away from the highway and faces residential. The noise from the train can unfortunately a noise we cannot escape do to our location and is an ongoing battle from not only hotels but residential areas of the city. Thank you again Mr. Harvey M for taking the time to share about your stay, and we hope your let us try and serve you better in the future.
Take Care,
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Better than I had expected. As my kids and I came here to be with my husband who is in the oil and gas industry. I was fully aware that this was a "working hotel" there isn't much to the rooms but really, a decent bed, a tv, MICRO fridge, microwave and a big bathroom are more than enough for the average person. Plus they have tons of stuff available at guest services. The staff are all really friendly and helpful. Having two small children cooped up in the hotel sounds like a nightmare but with almost everyone gone during the day -a few night crew workers, my kids and I adventured the halls and rode that elevator like crazy. There's on site laundry which was super convenient and yummy coffee available in the morning (or like I found out today you can even get a coffee pot in your room!) parking sucks if you get here after 6 but hey.... Not a deal breaker.
I can't wait to come back and utilize the added benefits from the pomeroy or holiday inn. Yea... That's right. Access to their pool and fitness room. That will definitely be nice.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Kailee D,

Thank you for taking the time to express your better than expected "Awesome Stay". We believe that feedback is a gift and love receiving it especially when it is positive! Being a "working hotel" we often don't get to see the smiling faces of children so it was a treat to see you and your family adventuring the hotel and riding the elevator daily. We look forward to your return and are happy to offer and hear that you will utilize the facilities that Pomeroy Lodging LP offers at the Pomeroy Hotel & Conference Center or the Holiday Inn Express!

Take care & all the best,
Stephanie!
Banff National Park, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice and clean. Fairly new hotel. A bit of a drive from the airport so if you're taking a cab it'll take 15-20 minutes. Very accommodating and friendly staff! No hassle over deposits and willing to oblige for a late check out. This is the second time we've stayed here and would/will stay again.

Stayed December 2013
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your most recent stay!
We believe that feedback is a gift and are always happy to receive positive feedback. Being and economical hotel we strive to provide exceptional customer service and take pride in the cleanliness of our rooms, I am pleased to hear that your expectations were met. Please know that we do have a cab company that offers our guests a discounted rate should you need these services to get to the airport as unfortunately it is a fair distance. I am glad we were able to accommodate you accordingly and look forward to seeing you for your next visit to Grande Prairie!
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and I will never go back again. I will say that the staff is super friendly and that is where my compliments end. After I checked in, I proceeded to my room and upon walking off the elevator I just about fell over with the smell of weed. When I went into my room the smell was terrible and I had to go to the front desk to ask for some air freshener. Between the air freshener and having the window open (at -35 no less) we were frozen but at least could breathe in our room. After getting the smell out I thought I would have a hot bath to warm up in the nice deep tub, after the water running for 20 minutes on high I still only had 6" of water in the tub so I gave up on that idea. The beds were quite small, I ended up sleeping in the bed with my daughter instead of my husband so we could at least move. When I booked this hotel I specifically asked if they had plugins for the vehicles since it was extremely cold out, I was told yes, what they neglected to tell me was that the plugins were only if you could find a space at the building which makes up less than a third of their parking so I was unable to get one. Both nights we were there it was noisy but the second night I was sure the people above us were coming through our ceiling, I called the front desk and complained. I will admit the noise did stop for a few minutes after that but started up again and continued the whole night. So between a car that wouldn't start, gagging every time I walked out of my room, small beds, a faucet that barely ran and no sleep from the noise I was very happy to leave this place, it is well worth the few extra dollars to stay somewhere else. When I checked out I informed the lady about everything that had went on and got a simple "well i'm sorry about that", not much in way of compensation. This hotel is mainly full of oilfield workers and I believe that when you call to book this hotel with a family you should be made aware of that, it was not a family friendly environment at all.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Michelle B

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very sorry that you feel we are "Not a family friendly hotel" and I completely understand your frustrations with your stay, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Upon making your reservation for a smoking room I am sorry that you were uniformed that our rooms are very heavily smoked in due to the amount of oil workers we have living in our hotel.I noticed that you were also unable to get a parking stall in where you could plug your vehicle in. unfortunately yes the plug in's are only located around the parking stalls of the building, please know that it is in our 2014 capital plan to get plugs along the exterior of the parking lot as well. In hopes you will give us a second chance to serve you better may I suggest a non smoking room on the ground floor for the convenience of smoking outside but the smell of freshness in a non smoking room. unfortunately we do only have the two types of rooms; one queen bed or two doubles.

I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team as we believe that feed back is a gift. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and are disappointed you were not satisfied.
Hinton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My kids and I stayed there for 2 nights to visit friends and family. We knew from the get go it was going to be a rig worker hotel because of the price tag... Yes the halls were a tad dirty and there was evidence that people were smoking in their rooms. But for $80.00 what do you expect?? The room was very clean, everything was updated and it was quite! I would most definitely stay here again with my kids, the staff was very pleasant and always smiling! Even the guests were happy and seemed delighted to see little ones running around making noise!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Robert L,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our motel for two nights in September. We believe that feedback is a gift and are always pleased to receive positive feed back. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as well. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and I am sure your comments will encourage us to continue! We are an economical hotel and do try our very best to accommodate and make your stay as comfortable as possible by providing extra amenities at the desk that you may not find in your room. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our " Why pay extra for bells and whistles" sale and were satisfied.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we hope your next stay is as pleasant as the last!

-Stephanie