Motel 6 Grande Prairie
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My kids and I stayed there for 2 nights to visit friends and family. We knew from the get go it was going to be a rig worker hotel because of the price tag... Yes the halls were a tad dirty and there was evidence that people were smoking in their rooms. But for $80.00 what do you expect?? The room was very clean, everything was updated and it was quite! I would most definitely stay here again with my kids, the staff was very pleasant and always smiling! Even the guests were happy and seemed delighted to see little ones running around making noise!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Robert L,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our motel for two nights in September. We believe that feedback is a gift and are always pleased to receive positive feed back. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as well. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and I am sure your comments will encourage us to continue! We are an economical hotel and do try our very best to accommodate and make your stay as comfortable as possible by providing extra amenities at the desk that you may not find in your room. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our " Why pay extra for bells and whistles" sale and were satisfied.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us, we hope your next stay is as pleasant as the last!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

we stayed in this hotel for three nights, was told we had a queen size bed, which was more like a double, the room itself was not great, bathroom fan was extremely noisy.
we were on the main floor and the hall carpet was so dirty, was disgusting. Looks like a lot of workers stay there so the noise was quite bad, with slamming heavy doors to loud talking in hall.
There was a broken case of beer by the side door for two days, no one bothered to pick it up and put it in the garbage. Was a little concerned about staying in a Motel 6, although the price was right for the north country , wont be staying in a motel 6 anytime soon. The only good part is we didnt have to spend much time in the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
m65709, Front Office Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Golfer19,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Grande Prairie. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

The carpet in the halls do look bad and down from all the mud and oil that gets trucked in with the workers. We are in the process for the 2014 capital plan at getting better flooring or new carpet to fix this appearance as we know how bad it looks. Thank you for also bringing it to my attention that there was glass by the side door for 2 days we do take pride it the appearance of our building and are sorry that this had gotten missed during your stay.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed for 1 night while travelling alone. This was the best value I could find in Grande Prairie and it is a nice clean hotel located just North of town. My room was small but nicely laid out and the bed was very confortable. The desk staff were friendly and check in was quick and easy. The room had a small fridge and microwave but no coffee maker, there was coffee available in the lobby though. There are not recreation or pool facilities at this hotel. I would certainly stay at this hotel again if traveling for work or without children.

My complaints are few but stand out for me. My room had a door into the next unit that allowed for quite abit of noise transfer. I could here the man in next room rather clearly on the phone and moving about. It made me very consious of what noise I was making and kept the volume on my tv very low. My second complaint is with the Internet access. They have no WiFi. Each room is hard wired for internet. I had to return to lobby to get a cable to hook up as don't travel with one. The internet was very slow by todays terms and being hard wired I could not link my smart phone to save network charges. Trying to stream videos is almost impossible. Tryed to watch a movie I rented on-line but would not load due to low internet speed. My final small comptaint is with the smell of smoke in the elevator. As some rooms/floors allow smoking the smell travels into the elevator and lingers. Not a big deal but as a non-smoker it was a bit annoying. Other than those things my stay was great and I would highly recommend this hotel for travelers looking for basic accomodations when traveling for work. I would not recommend if you have kids as there is little to keep them occupied, There are other good options closer to GP with facilities to keep kids entertained.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear FergusRob1,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay back in September. We strive to provide clean rooms and exceptional customer service and are pleased to see that you were pleased with the "Best Value you could find in Grande Prairie". Our room amenities are slim but we do try and compensate by having a limited supply of coffee makers, hair dryers, tooth paste and tooth brushes, etc. available at the desk for your convenience. The front desk is open 24/7 and would gladly assist with any questions, concerns or comments you may have during your stay.

You mentioned that your room had an adjoining door to another room that allowed for a significant amount of noise to transfer to your room. I would like to apologize for this we do have a few rooms that are located on the ends of each hall that are non-adjoining with a queen bed in each and for future reservations we would do our very best to accommodate you in one of them. We understand your frustrations with the internet access. Having hardwired internet is a inconvenience and we do have it in our 2014 business plan to update to WIFI. We do have an all smoking floor and we understand the smell of it stinks and lingers into the elevator, our smoking floor is almost full all the time, we do try our best to keep up with the air fresheners to ensure a fresh smelling atmosphere in all the lobbies of our hotel and are sorry that this was not the case during your stay.

I am glad that you were able to still enjoy your stay at our property and that you would recommend us to travelers that are looking for basic accommodations when traveling for work.

Thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we look forward to seeing you on your next travels to Grande Prairie.

- Stephanie

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed two nights at this property during September and found it to be excellent value. They advertised "No Bells and Whistles" and a price of $77.00 per night, plus tax. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff friendly.This is a good economical motel to stay at and I recommend it to anyone traveling through that area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Robert L,

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our motel for two nights in September. We believe that feedback is a gift and are always pleased to receive positive feed back. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as well. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and I am sure your comments will encourage us to continue! We are an economical hotel and do try our very best to accommodate and make your stay as comfortable as possible by providing extra amenities at the desk that you may not find in your room. Our Front Desk is open 24/7 and our Front Desk Agents will gladly help or assist you with any questions, concerns or comments you may have during your stay. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of our " Why pay extra for bells and whistles" sale and were satisfied.

I am pleased to hear that you would recommend us to anyone traveling through the area and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Grande Prairie!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a breath of fresh air this hotel was! Everything that was important was great - beds were super comfortable, the room was very clean, staff were very friendly, coffee in the lobby was very much appreciated. It's great to have a place that provides what is needed but doesn't provide the "extras" that we don't tend to use anyway, but do pay for in the higher prices. It was a bit away from any restaurants, but did manage to find a place to eat without a problem.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor near the back entrance which was really convenient to our car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Elaine R,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your enjoyable stay at the Motel 6 in Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We strive to provide superior customer service and are happy to see that your expectations were met by our friendly staff! We are a economically friendly hotel and do try our best to accommodate and make your stay enjoyable by offering extra amenities at the desk for your convenience. A good night's rest in a comfortable bed, and a morning wake up with a cup of fresh coffee is always important and we are glad to see you were able to take advantage of it!

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we hope your next visit is as pleasant!

Stephanie

Reviewed September 7, 2013

After checking in, I went straight down to the front desk to let the Heather know....this is the nicest Motel 6 I've ever been in. Honestly, I was terrified to stay at another Motel 6. I'd only stayed at the big one just off the Vegas Strip. That room had been just renovated to be all trendy and cool.....but it was so cheaply remodeled and the bed was extremely uncomfortable. But we're on a budget.
So I booked this Motel 6 and hoped for the best. Oh my what an excellent decision. My number one priority in a hotel is THE BED. I must have a great bed or I will hurt. On a road trip there is no room for error.
We checked in at midnight after a long drive. Excellent sleep. Awesome spotlessly clean room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
m65709, General Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. So happy to hear that you gave us a try after your disappointing stay at another Motel 6 and that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay with us. We truly hope you stay with us again. We strive to provide our guests with exceptional service and are pleased to hear your expectations were met. I agree that in a hotel your sleep and comfort of the bed is of greatest importance, glad to hear that you were not disappointed.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is a bit out of the city, which I thought was better( nice and quiet) The room was very clean, smelled great. The bathroom was very clean too. Lots of towels, cute small bottles of pantine pro-V. Fridge,microwave,table,chairs,two beds,big bathroom for $85. Amazing. True its not fancy, but its well done and clean. Lots of parking. We are planning on coming to stay here again in the next few weeks ( and probably every other time we travel to grande prairie) And they are PET FRIENDLY. A true pet friendly hotel is hard to find.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jasmin P

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We take a lot of pride in ensuring every guest who stays with us has an enjoyable stay. We as a team have been working very diligently on the cleanliness of our guest rooms and guest services provided by our front office staff. So happy to hear that the amenities that we do carry were enough to get you through your stay with us. We are glad to hear that you found our Hotel to be simple and inexpensive and understand our slogan of "Why Pay Extra for Bells and Whistles". We believe that your pet is a part of your family and feel there should be no extra charge when you bring your pets (family) with you. We look forward to the next time you stay with us and hope that every stay will be as enjoyable as this one.