“Not what I was hoping for.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 Grande Prairie

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Calgary, Canada
“Not what I was hoping for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

The rooms are very small and you can hear everything from the hallway and rooms around you.

The internet is not wireless and you can only have 1 computer online at a time. The speed and availability are also not good.

There is a compassion rate available, which I took advantage of as I was having surgery. A faxed letter is required from your doctor. There are very few hotels offering a reasonable compassion rate in GP.

The rooms are very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. There is a fridge & microwave, but no coffee machine. The heater/air conditioner is very noisy. I like the way the bathroom is arranged and it is very clean as well.

There is lots of parking and the hotel is very easy to find and access from the highway.

Room Tip: Cheap when compared to other hotels in town, you get what you pay for. For just a quick overnight st...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
m65709, General Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the M6 Grande Prairie. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Motel 6, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Darcy Blight
Motel 6 Grande Prairie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

We have stayed a lot of hotels in Grande Prairie and dollar for dollar this one is by far the best value. Yes the rooms are smaller but if I wanted something bigger than I would be willing to pay extra. The advertised rate was the same as we paid which we found to not be the norm. Pets are also free compared to some places that charge from 20 dollars and up. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Darcy Blight
Falher, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2012

It is a newer building, very clean, very sparse, no decorations anywhere. Feels a bit like an institution. No extras. Minimum cable package, flat screen t.v. Has coffee in the lobby in the morning. Internet isn't wireless. Price wasn't bad for what you get. They should cosy up the place a bit. Maybe some plants and pictures in the lobby? Have brochures like other hotels do... Price wasn't bad for what you get.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

clean - check
courteous staff - check
"free" high speed internet - free, yes' internet, yes, high speed? hmmm not so much, reminded me of those dark ages of dial up

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2011

We have stayed in rooms that cost $500 a night and rooms that have cost $27 a night. We stayed here for $69/night and it was very comfortable. We always travel with our dog and look for places that don't screw us over on pet charges. Motel 6 is always a great place because they don't charge. Sure some Motel 6's are in need of a refurb. but this one in Grande Prairie was great and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

After driving all night with my husband, kids and brother-in-law we decided to get a motel at lunch so we could all get some sleep before visiting my father-in-law in the hospital. First we got to our room and there was nothing in there, half hour later she came with the coffee, coffee maker, hair dryer, cups, internet cable, etc. Isn't this suppose to be in the room already?
Well trying to get a 1 and a 2 year old to sleep in the same room is already a task, but I did it! Yay they finally fell asleep until housekeeping came around!!! I had the DO NOT DISTURB sign out on the knob and everything. The ladies were yelling at eachother from what sounded like one end of the hall to the other! Here I'm getting nervous, so they keep yaking right in front of our door. My youngest starts screaming...they leave. I was so upset!! I called the front desk expecting her to do 'something' to make me feel better. HA she says "what am I suppose to do about it?" are you kidding me?!?! What is that sign good for?
We were on the main floor and that night we all laid down to sleep and not joking we could hear the water from the room upstairs toilet flushing running across our heads!! Besides the room being extremely small, we got through the night and left the next morning to find something else! We expected better quality from the motel (and staff) for being one of the newer ones in GP.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank szmrtns
Northern Alberta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

This motel, a little out of the way, was comfortable and clean. I appreciated the value for my dollar.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business