“Out of the way a bit but a good value. A bit like an institution.”

Motel 6 Grande Prairie
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Falher, Canada
“Out of the way a bit but a good value. A bit like an institution.”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

It is a newer building, very clean, very sparse, no decorations anywhere. Feels a bit like an institution. No extras. Minimum cable package, flat screen t.v. Has coffee in the lobby in the morning. Internet isn't wireless. Price wasn't bad for what you get. They should cosy up the place a bit. Maybe some plants and pictures in the lobby? Have brochures like other hotels do... Price wasn't bad for what you get.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Alberta
Reviewed July 19, 2011

clean - check
courteous staff - check
"free" high speed internet - free, yes' internet, yes, high speed? hmmm not so much, reminded me of those dark ages of dial up

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We have stayed in rooms that cost $500 a night and rooms that have cost $27 a night. We stayed here for $69/night and it was very comfortable. We always travel with our dog and look for places that don't screw us over on pet charges. Motel 6 is always a great place because they don't charge. Sure some Motel 6's are in need of a refurb. but this one in Grande Prairie was great and we would highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2010

After driving all night with my husband, kids and brother-in-law we decided to get a motel at lunch so we could all get some sleep before visiting my father-in-law in the hospital. First we got to our room and there was nothing in there, half hour later she came with the coffee, coffee maker, hair dryer, cups, internet cable, etc. Isn't this suppose to be in the room already?
Well trying to get a 1 and a 2 year old to sleep in the same room is already a task, but I did it! Yay they finally fell asleep until housekeeping came around!!! I had the DO NOT DISTURB sign out on the knob and everything. The ladies were yelling at eachother from what sounded like one end of the hall to the other! Here I'm getting nervous, so they keep yaking right in front of our door. My youngest starts screaming...they leave. I was so upset!! I called the front desk expecting her to do 'something' to make me feel better. HA she says "what am I suppose to do about it?" are you kidding me?!?! What is that sign good for?
We were on the main floor and that night we all laid down to sleep and not joking we could hear the water from the room upstairs toilet flushing running across our heads!! Besides the room being extremely small, we got through the night and left the next morning to find something else! We expected better quality from the motel (and staff) for being one of the newer ones in GP.

Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank szmrtns
Northern Alberta
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This motel, a little out of the way, was comfortable and clean. I appreciated the value for my dollar.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I checked in on June 8 for one night.I didn't have reservation but got a room right away.Front desk staff was very friendly.I got a single room.Room was nice and very clean!It had everything i needed.Motel is well worth the price it was 69.99 plus tax for the night.Well worth the price!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
m65709, Manager at Motel 6 Grande Prairie, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel6 Grande Prairie. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Darcy Blight