“Gem in Grande Prairie”
Review of Podollan Inn & Spa

Podollan Inn & Spa
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I very much enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
Friendly staff, very clean and modern decor and great food including the a breakfast buffet that is second to none.
I didn't get a chance to visit the spa but most certainly will on my return visit.
I'd recommend 100%

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank Pelle-Rome
There are newer reviews for Podollan Inn & Spa

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Having lived in Grande Prairie for almost 9 years, and having an oilfield job for about 4 of those years, I have seen my fair share of hotels. My husbands work is moving us to Calgary, so for our last 2 nights in the town we figured we would stay in a nice hotel. I will start off by saying that as we arrived, and tried to find a place to park, we couldn't. There might be a total of 50 parking spaces along the side and back of the hotel. Be forewarned, if you try to find a space at the back of the hotel and can't, you will have to reverse the whole way back out, as there's no exit, or place to turn around. There are a few more spots on the other side of the hotel, but there is no entrance there from what we could see, leaving you to walk around the hotel to enter.
The lobby to the hotel is beautiful, with little waterfalls, and beautiful stained glass doors. The ladies at the reception desk were nice, and helpful. We stayed in a king deluxe room, on the first floor. It was rather hard to find the room, as in between each room is a conference or "special occasion" room. We arrived on a Thursday night, so no big deal, but on the Friday night, there was a business Christmas party. One big plus that I give the Podollan, is that the rooms are very well sound proofed. It's just too bad the doors aren't ;) (The Christmas party makes it even harder to find parking, leaving people lining the roadway.) Once we found the room, it was actually pretty nice at first glance. Very high ceilings, kept the usual hotel room feel, at bay. The king deluxe, has a king bed in a separate room, and a double bed, where the couch is. Very handy for us, as we had our two year old daughter with us. She had her own "room". There were a lot of plastered places on the walls, that had yet to be painted, and along the bottom of the windows, the plaster and paint was coming apart (Leaky window maybe?).
We found someone's dirty socks behind the door to the bedroom, oops!
We got two complementary bottles of water in the fridge the first night, but none the second night. When housekeeping came, they only replenished the hand lotion and shampoo. We left everything off of the beds, but they didn't make them (not a big deal to us, but maybe for someone).
The vending machine is on the 3rd floor, none on the first floor. I'm not sure how many floors share the 3rd floor vending machine!
The bathroom in our room was amazing! All tiled flooring, and a soaker tub with adjoining glass enclosed shower. It also featured his/hers sinks.
Another great thing about the hotel, is the complimentary deluxe hot breakfast! You go into the main restaurant, Jaxs', and they have a buffet style breakfast They also have a chef making omelets, they have potato wedges, sausages, bacon, croissants, and lots of fruit! Makes for a great breakfast!

Overall I wasn't blown away, by what I thought was supposed to be the best hotel in town. I've stayed in nicer, but I've also stayed in worse. For the price it was pretty decent, but maybe on a visit back, we will try different one!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tiffles_00
PodollanGM, General Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you Tiffles_00 for your honest review of our hotel. Both the Podollan Inn & Spa (where you stayed) and the Podollan Inn & Rez-idence (extended stay) have heated and secure underground parking. We need to do better at communicating this excellent parking feature to our guests so that no guest will need to scrape windshields as guests at other hotels will do.

An important department of our hospitality team is our maintenance department. The sanded plaster in some areas of the walls were scrapes and bumps that occur over time from normal wear and tear, and were scheduled for paint. I apologize that you were not informed about the few unpainted wall areas when you were checking in.

Our standards and our quality assurance protocols keep our rooms exceptionally spotless and I know that the room attendants do an excellent job. I can only speculate that not making the beds on your second day’s stay was somehow missed and not the norm. If this ever happens again at any hotel that you stay in, please pick up the phone and let the staff know. Service will be happily provided promptly and most likely by an attendant blushing from embarrassment.

The entire Podollan Hospitality Team regrets the poor experiences and delights in reading the many positive experiences that you wrote about above. I hope that you will return to the Podollan Inn & Spa the next time you visit your friends in Grande Prairie. “We want to win you back”. Let us show you how much on your next stay with us. Until then, on behalf of all the dedicated individuals that make up our hospitality team, along with our hopes that we will see you again, we wish the three of you a Merry Christmas and a great New Year in Calgary.

Sam Kirsch

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I choose this hotel every time I stay in Grande Prairie. I have never been disappointed. Really nice rooms, excellent staff and a decent restaurant. Very close to downtown. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a comfortable hotel in GP!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
PodollanGM, General Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We printed your review and posted it in our staff areas for the entire Podollan Hospitality team to view. Not everyone can make the time in their busy day to write about and share their hotel guest experiences with others. It makes a big difference in anyone’s life to receive a great performance review like the one above. Your comments keeps us striving to do more and lets us know that our efforts are appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share. Happy Holidays! We hope to see you again soon.

On behalf of the entire Podollan Hospitality Team, we are at your service.

Sam Kirsch

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Great place stay. The restaurant "Jax" has excellent food. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The front desk clerk "Katrina" is excellent to deal with. I made multiple bookings and everything went smoothly. Clean and quiet. Thank you for the pleasurable stay

Th

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

From the lobby to the room, the amenities are second to none. Great location too, close to The Keg, malls, Starbucks and other great restaurants and services. The hotel restaurant serves a full breakfast as well.
Best hotel on our western Canada tour!
Cheers, WiL, Caroline

Room Tip: all rooms are likely good-we had a king bed in a suite and it was sweet!
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I find the Pollodan Inn & spa, in Grande Prairie ,to be a hotel that I would recommend to anybody. I would have to agree with Kevin H as I have stayed at the Pollodan a handful of times and find the service and accommodations to be second to none. The staff has gone out of their way to present a happy and helpful atmosphere and worked hard to look after my needs. I find Mark, the manager, to be truly dedicated to providing a positive experience for customers. I think he has created a positive culture that the staff has bought into.
I find the rooms to be very clean and had a modern feel .I have stayed in many hotels over many years and feel the experience I get with the Pollodan ,Mark and staff is second to none

Reviewed October 25, 2013

When I walked into this Grande Prairie hotel I felt like "luxury awaits". Besides the beautiful things you see, the comfort you feel and the expected great service with a smile, I was especially surprised by a particular "run in" with a certain staff member. I believe this gentleman said is name was Mark, and as we were leaving the restaurant he asked if we enjoyed our meal. He seemed truly interested in our reponse - which was "great", and personally I was happy with the prices. I have had the opportunity to stay in quite a few hotels through my profession, and I must say it isn't every visit, that a man in a suit, seems truly concerned about what the guests are thinking.
I will definitly return!