Having lived in Grande Prairie for almost 9 years, and having an oilfield job for about 4 of those years, I have seen my fair share of hotels. My husbands work is moving us to Calgary, so for our last 2 nights in the town we figured we would stay in a nice hotel. I will start off by saying that as we arrived, and tried to find a place to park, we couldn't. There might be a total of 50 parking spaces along the side and back of the hotel. Be forewarned, if you try to find a space at the back of the hotel and can't, you will have to reverse the whole way back out, as there's no exit, or place to turn around. There are a few more spots on the other side of the hotel, but there is no entrance there from what we could see, leaving you to walk around the hotel to enter.
The lobby to the hotel is beautiful, with little waterfalls, and beautiful stained glass doors. The ladies at the reception desk were nice, and helpful. We stayed in a king deluxe room, on the first floor. It was rather hard to find the room, as in between each room is a conference or "special occasion" room. We arrived on a Thursday night, so no big deal, but on the Friday night, there was a business Christmas party. One big plus that I give the Podollan, is that the rooms are very well sound proofed. It's just too bad the doors aren't ;) (The Christmas party makes it even harder to find parking, leaving people lining the roadway.) Once we found the room, it was actually pretty nice at first glance. Very high ceilings, kept the usual hotel room feel, at bay. The king deluxe, has a king bed in a separate room, and a double bed, where the couch is. Very handy for us, as we had our two year old daughter with us. She had her own "room". There were a lot of plastered places on the walls, that had yet to be painted, and along the bottom of the windows, the plaster and paint was coming apart (Leaky window maybe?).
We found someone's dirty socks behind the door to the bedroom, oops!
We got two complementary bottles of water in the fridge the first night, but none the second night. When housekeeping came, they only replenished the hand lotion and shampoo. We left everything off of the beds, but they didn't make them (not a big deal to us, but maybe for someone).
The vending machine is on the 3rd floor, none on the first floor. I'm not sure how many floors share the 3rd floor vending machine!
The bathroom in our room was amazing! All tiled flooring, and a soaker tub with adjoining glass enclosed shower. It also featured his/hers sinks.
Another great thing about the hotel, is the complimentary deluxe hot breakfast! You go into the main restaurant, Jaxs', and they have a buffet style breakfast They also have a chef making omelets, they have potato wedges, sausages, bacon, croissants, and lots of fruit! Makes for a great breakfast!
Overall I wasn't blown away, by what I thought was supposed to be the best hotel in town. I've stayed in nicer, but I've also stayed in worse. For the price it was pretty decent, but maybe on a visit back, we will try different one!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Podollan Inn & Spa is the finest luxury boutique hotel in Grande Prairie. We offer premium amenities, including spacious suites and stunning black tile bathrooms, complimentary secure high speed wireless internet, complimentary deluxe hot breakfast with an egg and omelette station, and complimentary heated and secure underground parking. The Podollan Inn & Spa is a smoke free property. For extended stays, enjoy the comforts of the Podollan Rez-idence, a short drive away, with all the same luxurious amenities and full size stainless steel appliances in premium kitchens. Relax at the end of the day at Jax Grill & Lounge and the award winning L Spa and Wellness Centre, both located at the Podollan Inn & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Podollan Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Podollan Inn, Suites, Rez Hotel Grande Prairie
- Podollan Inn, Suites, Rez And Spa
- Podollan Inn & Spa Grande Prairie, Alberta