“On the way back up!”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Drumheller, Canada
“On the way back up!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel since they opened; as a matter of fact I was one of their first customers. The service has come and gone over the years with the change of management. But the new management (Sam Kirsh) is making this 'the place to stay' once again. Hot breakfast, new menu on the way for the restaurant, cleaner overall, employees have a better attitude etc etc etc. All aspects of the hotel are changing in a very positive direction. I have to give particular praise for two of my favorite employees of the hotel, Joanne on the front desk and Brodenell who handles the night audit, well done you two, keep up the excellent work. I will continue to make this my only choice when I'm in the Grande Prairie area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the east side of the hotel very little traffic noise on his side.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DMS2004
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are proud of our team and thankful to you for your continued support.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel following a business trip in Northern Alberta and found it to be a luxurious oasis with comfortable beds and fine linens. Sam Kirsch, the General Manager, was highly visible throughout our stay and personally dealt with any concerns. We found the service in Jax to be friendly and fastidious comparable to restaurants with higher star rating. We especially commend Maia. We would definitely come again.

Patricia, Edmonton Alberta.

Room Tip: Check for online coupons for room upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Management (Sam!) and staff at this hotel are among the best I've ever had at a hotel. Our entire film crew stayed here for over a week and we all were amazed at the efforts made to make us all feel at home. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Also the continental breakfast has REAL food, as opposed to competitors that provide powdered eggs and fake orange juice for breakfast.

thanks Sam and crew for making us all feel so welcome!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robin W
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2013

From start to finish, my stay at the Podollan was excellent. Great for business travellers. Executive suites come with separate office space. Rooms are well put together, service is great, and their restaurant Jax never disappoints.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Podollan Inn and Spa in GP. The professionalism, service and experience was amazing. Everyone treated us with respect and the staff made our stay very welcoming. The communication from beginning to end was a phenomenal experience, from the owners helping us out with booking the room, to the online confirmation. I highly recommend staying here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed here for a week for work and had a very enjoyable stay! Clean rooms and very comfortable beds. The green tea body wash was very good quality compared to other hotel's complimentary soap. Which are very generic and not very good.

The friendliest hotel staff. Sam (the Manager) is awesome!! He make sure your having a great stay and are enjoying yourself. He genuinely cares about his staff and his customers.

Charlene and Maia, who I saw every morning at breakfast were friendly and always making sure I had everything I needed. We had a group of six and IF the breakfast area was packed they would prepare a table for us before we came down. Very considerate!!

The front staff were always helpful and considerate. Overall I had an enjoyable, comfortable stay and at the end of it I made some new friends. Great Hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Did research on this hotel and it was the best thing ever. I stayed here about 5 times in the past couple of months and let me say that I was impressed on how clean and friendly this hotel is.The wonderful staff is very helpful and pleasant to deal with,it was always a smile when you walk in. Let me say that the rooms are amazing,clean comfortable and how they take pride on making sure everything is clean. The resturant jax is amazing,great food great service and a nice atmosphere..I was really impressed when the manager Sam came and started talking to me making sure everything was to my liking. I would like to say Sam was very professional and takes pride on his customers and his staff and hotel.(way to go Sam)..I definitely will stay at this hotel and recommend it to others.....keep up the good work.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business