“Need to re-write ads”

Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Grande Prairie
Tumbler Ridge, Canada
“Need to re-write ads”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I would have given this a five if there was everything in the room they said there was. It said in their room discription that there was an ipod docking station. There was not. This isn't a big deal, other than I was counting on it for music enjoyment and couldn't use that option and maybe would have planned differently. Plus, it is a pet peeve of mine when something is advertised to be there and it isn't, especially when the price for the room was $149 a night.

Overall the room was great, if not a little warm, but there was a window that opened, so that fixed that problem. Room was clean and roomy. I was in a king bachelor room and it was more than big enough for me.

I would stay again as I used the spa downstairs and that was convenient and wonderful, I would just double check the amenities when booking and not do so online next time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your overall experience. Thank you for bringing the ipod docking system to our attention. We are taking steps to ensure the room descriptions accurately reflect this amenity. We look forward to welcoming you again soon at the hotel and at The L Spa & Wellness Centre.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hay River, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is amazing, no matter what the reason it meets your every need. From honeymoon. To business trip, to travelling with adult children. It truly has all. Very affordable prices.
The honeymoon suite is the best I have ever seen, booked it for my Son. Recently stayed with an Adult son in room ending in 222. Seperate bedrooms, perfect! Would not stay with young children, not meant for that.

Room Tip: Ending in 22 series if travelling with adult children, get a separate room within a room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have stayed here several times before and did so again this past month. Biggest draw is the beds...they are VERY comfortable and make it worthwhile each and every time!!

Perks: I still enjoy free underground parking, wifi (this seems to have improved since last stay), it's no longer cold on the 2nd floor wing, they are still pet friendly and staff are very accommodating. I did not use the L Spa this trip but I have and it's beautiful and reasonably priced, particularly with the guest discount. I used the Jax lounge and it's okay--decent food and reasonable prices.

I had an issue with a room which was rectified in part the same night and fully the following day. Management handled it professionally and sincerely, so I'm happy.

I travel a lot and will be back-try it out and I'm sure you will be too!

Room Tip: There are soft beds and hard beds...I have not been a fan of the hard beds-they are like sleeping on...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review! It has always been our goal to make our guests feel as if they're at home, particularly when it comes to a comfortable sleep. We are known for our comfortable beds and we aim to please. We are delighted that our team was accommodating and professional. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!
Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have stayed here a couple times now and even though there are cheaper in Grande Prairie I would stay nowhere else. The rooms were very nice and I sleep better in their beds than I do my own. They also have the Keg across the road (less than a block up the highway) if you want to have a nice meal/evening out. Make a reservation though or you might not get in. We had a horrible experience at the hotels restaurant and would not recommend it to any one. The food was overpriced for the service and quality. Also the wine was reallllly overpriced. You can purchase their most expensive wine for over half the price at the local liquor store. We checked it out when we finished our meal their. However the LSpa has an amazing and relaxing ambience. They are ranked in the top 50 spas in Canada and i am in love this this place. From the time you walk in you go into relax mode and when you leave you fell like a new you. Also, The last time we stayed there I got a 10 percent discount on the spa services just for being a guest in the hotel. I love going to this hotel and spa and recommend it to everyone I talk to.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your observant appraisal of your hotel stay with us. The Podollan hospitality team is happy to read how much you enjoyed your hotel room, especially the bed. We are also pleased you had a relaxing experience at the L Spa & Wellness Centre and felt rejuvenated. We are committed to creating a total superior hotel guest experience.
Your review of the restaurant is helping us select our priorities and make changes quickly and appropriately. Already we have begun making service and quality improvements guided by your comments and feedback from others.

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and we hope that upon your next stay you will have a great experience. Thank you for helping us become the most preferred hotel choice in Grande Prairie.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I spend a lot of time on road and in Grande Prairie. The staff and accommodations at the hotel are first rate and make you feel at home. I really appreciate the fact that instead of having your standard "hotel gym" the Podollan has made arrangements with the World Gym across the street that allows the hotel guest access to the entire gym on a daily basis.
The rooms are clean, spacious and the beds comfortable. The food in Jax is always tasty and consistent. Under ground parking in the winter time is a great bonus.

I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are delighted you enjoy access to the gym and that your overall hotel stay and culinary experience at Jax Grill & Lounge is consistently of high standards. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kelowna
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were very impressed with the spacious and modern rooms. The bed and pillows in the rooms were extremely comfortable. The level of service at the restaurant Jax was excellent along with the great tasting meals kept us coming back throughout our stay in Grande Prairie. Our group travels frequently, and the Podollan Inn is definitely one of the top hotel stays we have experienced. I would highly recommend the Podollan Inn to anyone looking for a quality hotel in Grande Prairie.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your group back soon.
Peace River, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

After looking into options for a quick romantic getaway, we settled on the Podollan Inn; boy were we not disappointed! We were graciously upgraded to an Executive Suite; what a room. The suite was extremely clean and very comfortable. It consisted of a separate sitting area, king-sized bed with a TV in the bedroom as well. The bathroom was spectacular; 2 sinks, a large soaker tub AND walk in shower, and I loved how the toilet was in a separate room. I couldn't believe a room this nice could be found in Grande Prairie; it felt like we were somewhere else.

Prior to the trip, I had contacted the hotel and spoke with Anna-Liisa regarding our stay. I had wanted to surprise my boyfriend with this getaway, and Anna-Liisa was absolutely amazing. The customer service we received from her was outstanding. Upon returning to our room in the evening, there was a bottle of sparkling wine, candles, a dozen roses and chocolate dipped strawberries (with the absolute BEST chocolate I have ever tasted!). The setup was very romantic; exactly what we were looking for.

Overall, our stay at the Podollan was fabulous. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. Will definately be staying here again! Thanks again to Anna-Liisa for making our stay a memorable one!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple