Podollan Inn & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Lodge Motor Inn(Grande Prairie)
  • Restaurant
Canadian Motor Inn(Grande Prairie)
View Hotel
Stanford Inn & Suites(Grande Prairie)
View Hotel
Sandman Hotel Grande Prairie(Grande Prairie)
View Hotel
All reviewsjax grillunderground parkingomelette stationexecutive suitesoaker tubomelette barking bedlarge bathroomcomfortable bedsstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantthe general managerbreakfast buffetbusiness triplittle priceyfront desk staffgreat place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just stayed here for one night. It's a very nice hotel but the parking is not that plentiful. The rooms are nice and spacious but the room was could not seem to warm up in the cold weather. Overall tho I would stay here again but not in the winter.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have never experienced this kind of luxury and high level service in any Northern Alberta city or town! I stayed in the suite with a separate bedroom and a huge bathroom. I did appreciated a separate toilet. I dined in JAX (hotel restaurant), good food and amazing service. I had a small issue and asked for a manager, he solved my problem to my satisfaction. Decent breakfast next morning. Front desk stuff very helpful. Very well managed property. I already booked my room for my next stay in December.

Room Tip: Executive suite is "must have"!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RobbieFDR
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I just stayed at the Podollan in Grande Prairie for the third time since our son moved there 1 year ago. The first 2 times were OK but the staff was not overly friendly. This time was awfull! The first problem was a three hour wait to check in but we got over that because the front desk girl was very apologetic and we do understand staffing problems which this apparently was (not enough cleaning staff). The BIG problem however was when I called the front desk to ask for hypo-allergenic bedding (down allergy) I was told that there was no one in the hotel with access to the bedding. When I went directly to the front desk I was then told that there was "not a single pillow available in the hotel". If there had been any available room available in the whole flippin town I would have checked out there and then but alas had to spend the night and was very stuffed up and red eyed all the next day despite all the benadryl. The one bright spot was a young man from Jax who delivered a cheese platter to our room even though it was after room service hours and when I tried to tip him he refused and pointed out that the gratuity had been added to the bill. Guess we will have to find somewhere else to stay at Christmas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda O
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

We recognize and appreciate the impact allergies can have on a persons' sleep. The Podollan Inn & Spa has specifically designated rooms using hypo-allergenic linens and pillows. We encourage you to reserve one of these rooms in advance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I was originally booked at the Podollan Inn & Spa down the road, but due to a scheduling mix-up (on my end), they were full and relocated me to the Rez. NEVER again.

The BAD:
First impressions - the "check in desk" appears to be the manager's living room. He barely looked up from his desk, and upon asking for restaurant recommendations, he just laughed and said "nowhere good to eat here".

No proper desk at which to do work, just a kitchen table with no lamp or phone. The TV was mounted right above the kitchen table, making it impossible to sit at the table and watch TV.

The bathroom air vent/fan clanked loudly all night long - I complained, but nothing was done about it. So I had to leave on the fan to prevent it from banging - which just replaced one noise with another.

The bedroom window faced a lamppost in mall parking lot, which was very bright - the shutter blinds did not block out the light . A very uncomfortable night sleep

AND - as I was about to go to bed, someone else entered my room!! It was another guest who had been assigned the same room! I was appalled that this mistake could happen! I called to the front desk, who blamed it on the other hotel not properly checking me in. Regardless of whose mistake, no apology was made. I commented again upon check out, and the clerk (a woman this time) basically shrugged and said I should make a complaint to the management. Thankfully the other guest was as startled as me - but this is a severe safety issue!

There was no daily housekeeping -I was not made aware of this. I paid the same rate at this hotel as at the other property, which is a full service property. There should be a lower rate if fewer services are offered.

The kitchen had not been properly cleaned ahead of time- there was still garbage from the previous guest (a full garbage can).

The Good: the room was very big (a suite setup), with complete kitchen, which would be useful for long term stay.

I wont stay here again, and probably not with the Podallan group, if this is a representation of their properties.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank yvrtogo

Clearly we were not performing to our usual standards and for that I sincerely apologize. We have reviewed your feedback in detail and have implemented changes.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel itself was very nice! the bedrooms clean and bathrooms big and amazing.

The staff was touch and go. The night shift was rude and standoff-ish, (did not greet us and didn't smile once) manually changing the price of our stay from our reservation quote from online. The lady in the morning promptly fixed it and was very nice. Overall the staff didn't seem to really want to be there.

The comp. breakfast is awful. Cereal and muffin - help yourself - and the guy cleaning tables was standing around leaning on his broom while every single table was dirty with used dishes.

The restaurant was very very good and the staff in there (dinnertime) was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a King Bed, totally worth it. Look online for room deals before booking directly with hotel - Hotel is very pricey.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melanie L, Director of Sales at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

We continually strive to improve and appreciate your feedback. We are training our staff to achieve and offer the highest standards of services. We are working on a new breakfast menu with improvements to the complimentary part of it. We are pleased that overall you liked the hotel, Jax Grill & Lounge and your stay in the King Bachelor room with spacious washroom was comfortable.