I stayed at this hotel for one week for work a business trip with co-workers because it was recommended by others from the office. The whole hotel is very modern inside with lots of stonework on the walls and all of the rooms have modern furniture and flat screen TVs. The beds were comfortable too. However, there is one small window in each room, so it was pretty dark. If you spend a lot of time working in your room, it needs more light. The TV was annoying because there was a menu you had to scroll through each time to get to the TV channels. I like turning the TV off and having the last channel you were at to be right there the next time you turn the TV on. The bathroom had a nice enclosed shower, so there was no water all over the floor like with many hotels after a shower. The door keys usually needed 3 or 4 attempts to get the door open. For each day you declined the housekeeping service, they gave you a $5.00 coupon to use in their lounge. We got the $9.99 lunch special (wrap with soup) for $4.99 several times with the coupon. You have to use the coupon the same day...you can't accumulate them. There were a few hotties working in the lounge too! The continental breakfast was really good, for a breakfast that didn't serve hot items. There were plenty of options: multiple types of toast, bagels, muffins, strudels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, fruit salad, apples/oranges/bananas, coffee/tea and orange or cranberry juice. The eating area was very nice, but small with only 6 booths. The TV was always on TSN at breakfast....I'd rather watch news in the morning than golf. The elevators were fast and the staff was helpful. When we got there, 3 out of 4 of us had no microwaves. They replaced mine 2 days later with a broken microwave. It was annoying going up and down to use the microwave in the breakfast area. They finally replaced the broken microwave on my second last day. The internet was good because I brought a network cable. Don't whine if the wireless internet is choppy...bring a network cable people! The parking lot around the hotel is usually full in the evenings and hard to drive in and out with a larger vehicle. There was underground parking available, but the ramp going down was SO steep! Drive in very slowly or it will cause damage. They provided daily passes to the World Gym across the street if you wanted to go for a workout. I didn't try the spa and we all stayed at the Inn, not the Residence, which is about 6 blocks away. There was a Wal-Mart and Save On Foods (my least favourite 2 grocery places) nearby. This place just needs to invest in better microwaves and maybe some more lights in their dark rooms. Otherwise, it was a very quiet, comfortable and pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reach new heights in guest comfort at Podollan Inn & Spa, Grande Prairie’s premier full-service boutique-style hotel. As an independently owned accommodation, we do things a little differently than our chain-style counterparts. Service here is a little more personal, a little more chic and a little more luxurious with each return visit. Our most recent enhancement to our collection is a trendy 65-room expansion showcasing a series of sleek, stylish bachelor rooms that feature plush King beds, contemporary furnishings and local artwork. Rounding out the guest experience are three impressive meeting rooms, the upscale Jax Grill & Lounge – home of the best steak in Grande Prairie – and The L Spa & Wellness Centre, named one of the top 25 spas in Canada. Then there are the complimentary luxuries like Wi-Fi, a hot breakfast buffet with an omelette station, a fitness room and secure, heated underground parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TravelClick, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Podollan Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Podollan Inn, Suites, Rez Hotel Grande Prairie
- Podollan Inn, Suites, Rez And Spa
- Podollan Inn & Spa Grande Prairie, Alberta