Podollan Inn & Spa
$147
$116
$120
TripAdvisor
Stanford Inn & Suites(Grande Prairie)
$97
TripAdvisor
Motel 6 Grande Prairie(Grande Prairie)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjax grillunderground parkingomelette stationexecutive suitesoaker tubomelette barking bedlarge bathroomcomfortable bedsstarbucks coffeehotel restaurantthe general managerbreakfast buffetbusiness triplittle priceyfront desk staffgreat place to stay
Reviewed October 2, 2011

I spent 5 days at the hotel while in Grande Prairie to buy a new house for my transfer accompanied by my wife. We stayed in a "King" room.

The hotel was generally clean and new with decent but not extravagant furnishings. I would have preferred a nicer desk/work area but the room was adequate. I was a bit surprised that the room had a shower only with no bathtub but that is a minor factor.

The hotel does have underground parking available which is a great feature when the weather is bad and offers a little better security for your vehicle. The ramp going into the parkade is quite steep and may cause problems during the winter.

The bed was comfortable with good quality linens. They use a gel mattress cover which takes a bit of getting used to. I found it was comfortable but I settled into it far enough that it was difficult to change positions or get up through the night. I'm undecided if I like it or not.

House-keeping was very inconsistent during our stay with noticeably poorer service on the weekend. Twice our room was left only partially cleaned. We didn't call down to get it completed because it was close to being finished with just the pillows having to be placed on the bed or the robe my wife had used was dumped in the middle of the bed in a big clump.

The continental breakfast was okay and met basic expectations, again whoever was looking after it wasn't particularly attentive as several times during my stay some of the basics (cutlery, bread) were depleted and not re-filled very quickly.

The hotel does have wireless internet but don't expect "high speed". It was slow enough that I did what I had to and logged off.

We had our first lunch of the trip in "Jax Lounge" and never returned. It offered mediocre service, mediocre food and higher than normal prices. We ended up finding "Mr. Mike's" which was surprisingly good in comparison.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank RNikon
Reviewed September 29, 2011

well were do i start, i had this trip booked months in advance for a stagette, when i had originally talked to a lady at the spa she was more then helpful and very friendly. However the phone calls after to confirm started to get a little pushy(differnt girls other times) When we finailly did come in for our spa day we were greeted in a very snobby, pushy not good enough to be there attitude. we also had one member of the bridal party not show up so i had taken an extra service so that it would be fair to the estiticians. but the quaility was not there, my mani smugged and chipped immediently, and my pedi didnt hold up either...not even to the parking lot...More care and time definetly could have gone into it. But we all sucked it up cuz it was suppose to be a calming afternoon...Best part was the massage chairs by far.
then when it was time to pay and leave, a different receptionist with a snotty attitude couldnt figure out how to divide the brides services amoungst the bridial party so she didnt have to pay and said it would be easier if one person could just pay for everything( well obviosly that would be easier for her). I was also charged for a half price cancellation appt even tho i had recieved an extra service to make up for it.
All in all, beautiful spa, but just might only go for a massage next time and try to avoid front desk girls! They both really ruined the whole experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank jessica c
PodollanGP, Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2011

As one of the Top 50 spas in Canada we take great pride in delivering quality service and exceptional customer care. We apologize for your experience and we hope you will return and allow us to show you our high level of customer service.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

Receptionist at the Spa was not very friendly at all. Almost to the point of being rude. We had booked a spa session for a stagette ahead of time and unfortunately we were not greeted in the friendliest manner upon arrival or at time of departure. We felt as if we were an inconvenience for a few small requests (such as splitting up the brides bill so each girl could pay a portion. We were told (after an eye roll) it would be easier for reception if we pay for it at once and then organize it seperately afterwards). The girls who took care of us during our session were very friendly though, but the first impression was bad enough to make me not want to go back.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
PodollanGP, Manager at Podollan Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

At the L Spa and Wellness Centre it is our goal to strive towards excellent customer care and service. We apologize that you had an unfortunate experience and we are currently reviewing our policy to provide better customer service. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is a new property and consequently is well appointed and very clean.

My main concern (that really had me upset) was that I used the express checkout service and didn't look at the bill until after I'd left. They added in a "Telecommunications Surcharge" that I had not been mentioned and I'm sure was not shown on the paperwork I signed when I checked in (I'm sure my total was a few dollars lower when I checked in).

I have never heard of any hotel/motel charging a "Telecommunications Surcharge" before (anywhere in the World and I've been to Africa, Europe, South America, North America and Asia) and I assume that it relates to the "free wi-fi" (which means it really isn't free). I did not use the Wi-Fi (I checked in a 1:30 AM and out at 10:00 AM) nor did I use the phone. Wi-Fi should either be "free" or it should be paid for on a usage basis. To add in a non-disclosed surcharge seems very underhanded. I wonder if they add this to all customers or only the "Express Checkout" ?

My only issue with the room was that I have a bad back and the bed was a bit too soft for me so I woke up sore. I don't normally have this problem and the beds were much softer than typical in hotels/motels.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rantech
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The company I work for leases a suite on a monthly basis. It's clean and I can't fault anything in the suite. Big leather sofas, great beds and fully stocked kitchen. Not cheap but a great place. I have stayed in the regular rooms in the inn and they are just as good. Our rate was $130.00 which isn't bad for Grande Prairie. It does include the continental breakfast. great beds. Super clean.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business