“Great food, amazing service!”

Fuji Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 143 Restaurants in Fort McMurray
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We eat here often! Love the food, and so appreciate the attentive staff! Would give this restaurant a 10/10!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have lived in Fort Mac for a long time, and have tried all the Japanese places, and this one has the second-best food, but best value.
Their sushi and sashimi is fresh and tasty, and their rolls are tight, and easy to eat. That is an issue for a lady!
Everything we've eaten here is very good.
The downside is the downscale decor.
They are much less expensive than Spring Moon and Yoshi's, but the place is always kind of grimy and the seating (wooden bench booths) are not comfortable. Their eating 'pit' tables are private but a little awkward.
Could use a make-over to nicer decor, since their food is awesome!

1  Thank DeeBentley
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Totally delicious!! I usually order the Sushi Sashimi Platter, but make my own changes..no ebi for me..I change it to an extra tuna and salmon sashimi and change the California Roll to a Spicy Salmon Roll. You can pre-order by phone so you can just go pick it up on your lunch break!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Coming from Vancouver, I was hesitant to say the least about having Sushi up here, but I’m really glad I did! Although the prices are quite a bit higher than in Vancouver, my Albertan colleague let me know that they were pretty average prices for Sushi in this province.

We arrived around 6:30pm on a Thursday night and the restaurant was pretty busy! Miso soup and tea came right away, but the rest of our sushi dishes took a while. Once they arrived though, I was not disappointed! The sushi was tasty and the rolls were very large. The spicy tuna roll was fantastic, however I was not the biggest fan of the salmon.

Service was good, however due to how busy the restaurant was, we did not see our server for the entire last half of our meal, and had to go up to the front counter to ask for our bill. The staff was extremely pleasant though, and seemed to know all of the regulars by name. It was a great atmosphere.

All in all, great food and I would 100% go back when I’m in Fort Mac next. A gem of a restaurant for sure! (and a super nice break from the rest of the pub fare in the city!)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love this restaurant, the service is top notch...... "Tom" & "Vincent" are superb .......... The food, well I cannot express enough, what good quality and oh so fresh the items on the menu are. My favourite dish is their Spicy Tuna Roll (well done) I love the private rooms they offer for special occasions, I'm hooked on "Fuji". >3

1  Thank sisterhopen